Award-winning software for heterogeneous networks available for Beta download, evaluation
Arkeia Corporation, a Southern California-based supplier of network backup software, has released an all new Arkeia 5 Beta version. CEO Philippe Roussel reaffirmed the company's commitment to supporting heterogeneous networks in Linux-based environments "Our widely-used enterprise network solution is once again setting the pace for backup and recovery software providers with the release of Version 5," Roussel stated. Version 5 Beta is now available for download at the corporate web site, http://www.arkeia.com .
Arkeia Version 5 will be the successor of Version 4.x, a high performance, multiple-platform backup software with 90,000 worldwide users who need to protect their data. Arkeia 5, will feature a completely rewritten program architecture and will include an assortment of new features requested by users. Performance, scalability and security are key elements structured into the new Arkeia 5 software.
- Calendar Interface -- Program "exceptions" to your backup schedule with a convenient calendar interface. Full or incremental backup as needed.
- Intuitive Interface -- A redesigned and enhanced GUI with easy to use icons provide clarity for simple, straightforward program functions.
- Optimisation -- Increased efficiency for the server saved object catalogue with a real time update and the ability to purge old files.
- CRON independent -- Software scheduled tasks previously handled by the CRON scheduler are now controlled by the software daemon, independent of CRON.
SCALABLE & MODULAR
Arkeia 5 incorporates features designed to adapt to evolving technologies and growing IT infrastructures:
.Plugins -- Modular plugin structure for specialised tasks such as backing up open databases, online web servers, etc. This allows backup of "in use" data such as MySQL and Oracle, and increases Arkeia's flexibility and adaptation to advances in technology.
.Hardware detection -- Arkeia 5 automatically detects devices (drives and robotics) and offers a systematic configuration process of the backup device.
- Library sharing -- Arkeia 5 allows multiple Arkeia servers to share a single tape library, offering significant financial advantages in building or expanding network hardware.
- Seamless network integration -- Operating in a transparent mode, Arkeia adapts to network configuration changes. Client name changes or relocation on a network are recognised via a specific utility (name, IP, Mac address).
Three different levels of security insure the accuracy of saved data and the integrity of any restoration.
1. Reads the backup tape for verification
2. Verifies backup via off-line comparison of checksum data
3. Sends data back to client, simulating a restore, comparing backup to original
In addition, Arkeia 5 has new port configuration capabilities for backup through a firewall when necessary, as well as the possibility of tape cleaning cartridge management.
Arkeia 5 Beta 1 is available for testing with REDHAT 6.2, SUSE 7.1 and Mandrake 7.2.
Version 5 of Arkeia insures a smooth transition from version 4.2. All 4.2 clients are compatible with Arkeia 5, databases from 4.2 will import into Arkeia 5 and tape cartridges written by 4.2 are compatible with the new version.
- ends -
About Arkeia 4.2 Enterprise Network Backup
Arkeia is a network backup solution for heterogeneous computer environments with a special focus on the Linux operating system. This award-winning backup solution is designed to be reliable, easy-to-use, and affordable. The distributed Client/Server architecture, administrative capabilities, and multiplexing technologies enable Arkeia to provide significant performance throughput over today's complex business network configurations. Arkeia supports hundreds of tape libraries, tape drives and over 30 Operating Systems. Arkeia's multi-award winning technology has over 90,000 users who rely on it for their data protection needs.
About Arkeia Corporation
Formerly Knox Software, Arkeia Corporation is noted for its early and comprehensive support for the Linux open source operating system. Arkeia is a leading provider of enterprise network backup solutions. Founded in 1996, the company's mission is to provide fast, reliable, easy-to-use and affordable network backup solutions for heterogeneous networks. Arkeia Corporation is privately held and has offices in Carlsbad, California and Paris, France. For further information about Arkeia Corp., please visit our web site at http://www.arkeia.com
Arkeia Corporation, Europe
Tel.: +33 (0)14810 8991
Strategic Alliance International
Tel : +44 (0) 1494 434434
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.