Launched by TesCom at Billing Systems, Earls Court, London, 23-25 April 2002
Drawing on its global expertise in complex telco billing systems, TesCom announces a new testing service that specifically addresses the low fault-tolerance of today's telco customer. The Billing Systems Testing package, developed under TesCom's Telecoms Global Practice, ensures the accuracy, clarity and reliability of billing and customer care services, which are highly visible to the end customer and therefore play a major role in customer retention and growth.
TesCom, already selected as Virgin Mobile's testing partner of choice, has designed the Billing Systems Testing services to verify the integrity of data and IT systems for a myriad of new services such as 'always on' or 3G phones; the roll-out of EBPP services; variable customer price plans; or complex mediation agreements.
The Billing Systems Testing modules cover security; performance requirements; usability; data integrity including Data Protection Act considerations; load testing to support peak time usage; basic system functionality and integration with interfacing systems; and knowledge transfer to in-house teams.
"Billing was complex even when usage charges were calculated on the traditional model of duration/distance. The potential for errors and performance issues increases as telcos offer more and more sophisticated services and all the providers know that without addressing the pitfalls they could lose out in the take up of new services and the accompanying valuable revenue stream," explained Barry Varley, UK telecoms sector head at TesCom.
The Billing Systems Testing incorporates automated test processes to ensure that, as the complexity of the customer care and billing system grows, testing remains tightly managed and comprehensive; and the cost of testing remains under control.
- Customer service - ensures that mechanisms are in place for customer representatives to access appropriate account history; make adjustments, payments, and refunds; answer queries about services, tariffs, network coverage and network problems.
- Number inventory management - allocation of phone numbers, issuing SIM cards, usage analysis.
- Mediation & message processing - matching call data to individual subscriber plans.
- Billing & formatting - making bill presentment clear and user-friendly; ensuring that user-requested changes on personalised bills are fulfilled and don't affect data integrity.
- Account receivables & collection - verifies the security and accuracy of systems interfacing with a myriad of external financial systems.
- Fraud management - setting up processes to monitor for irregular usage.
- Order management - enabling service provisioning and equipment inventory management.
- Data migration - ensures accurate, rapid transfer of data from one system to another during transition of IT systems.
TesCom's Telecoms Global Practice was established to offer a consistent testing methodology and optimised performance results to the increasingly international telco industry, taking advantage of TesCom's global presence.
For more information, visit TesCom on stand 14B at the Billing Systems show, Earls Court, London, 23-25 April 2002.
- ends -
About TesCom Ltd
TesCom mitigates business risk and reduces time to market by delivering independent, tailored software testing and quality improvement services. TesCom is the largest specialist global provider of testing services with a flexible service offering, based on best practice techniques and an in-depth market understanding of its clients' business sectors. TesCom's goal is to promote and deliver effective testing to make IT-based business services and applications more user-focused, responsive and robust to meet ever-increasing performance demands. To find out more about TesCom, visit http://www.tescom-intl.com .
020 7022 6700
Catherine Eyres/Mary Brain
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.