17th September, 2002 - Hilton Metropole Hotel, Birmingham NEC
London, 1st May, 2002. BT Retail, the UK's largest communications service provider, has been announced as the overall sponsor of the European Call Centre of the Year Awards 2002.
The 7th annual European Call Centre of the Year Awards, presented by Call Centre Focus magazine, recognises the achievements of call and contact centres throughout Europe. The awards ceremony will take place at the Hilton Metropole Hotel, NEC, Birmingham, UK on Tuesday 17th September 2002, the first day of the UK's largest telebusiness and customer contact management event, Call Centre Expo UK 2002.
"We are delighted to be sponsoring the European Call Centre of the Year Awards 2002. Having participated in the awards for a number of years and winning the award for best Multi-Media Contact Centre in 2001, we feel this is a tremendous opportunity to support the development of the contact centre industry in general," explains Fergus Crockett, BT Retail's Director of Marketing, Operations & Sales.
He continues, "BT Retail has always been at the leading edge of contact centre operations and technology, and we are currently making a major investment to develop the Next Generation of Contact Centres. It is our objective to set new standards for the European contact centre industry and this makes our support of the leading European Contact Centre award an appropriate choice."
Other industry leading organisations and publications lending their support to the industry through the sponsorship of individual categories include:
- Best Product at Call Centre Expo UK 2002, sponsored by Call Centre Expo UK 2002
- Best Call Centre Culture, sponsored by The Procter Consultancy
- European Call Centre Professional of the Year, sponsored by Witness Systems
- Best Call Centre Recruitment Practice, sponsored by Recall Recruitment
- Best Call Centre Induction/Training, sponsored by Edexel Foundation
- Best Call Centre People Development Programme, sponsored by Academee
- Best Call Centre Design, sponsored by Structure & Function
- Best Multimedia Contact Centre and Call Centre Focus Special Award, sponsored by BT Retail
- Best Call Centre Under 50 seats, sponsored by Echo Managed Services
- Best Use of Technology in a Call Centre Under 50 seats, sponsored by Alternative Networks
- Best Call Centre Improvement in Performance, sponsored by Calcom Group
- Call Centre CSR of the Year, sponsored by Adecco UK Ltd
- European Call Centre of the Year, sponsored by Primus Knowledge Systems
Date for your diary…
Call Centre Expo UK 2002 will take place on 17th-18th September 2002 at NEC, Birmingham, UK. The latest issues relating to the call & contact centre industry will be addressed within three distinct areas:
- ‘People & Workplace’: inc. recruitment, training, motivation, environment, workforce management, furniture, design, etc.
- ‘Business Process & Strategy’: inc. CRM, multimedia contact strategy, measurement, optimising performance, outsourcing, selling call centres to the board, etc.
- ‘Call & Contact Centre Technology’: everything from infrastructure, hardware and databases to front-end software; from initial ACD installation to cutting edge email and web integration solutions.
For further information on the European Call Centre of the Year Awards 2002, please visit http://www.callcentreawards.com or call Mark Lloyd on 01923 330220. For further information on Call Centre Expo UK 2002 please visit http://www.callcentre-expo.com .
Notes to Editors:
BT Retail is one of the businesses that make up the BT Group. Others include BT Ignite, BT Wholesale, BTopenworld and BTexact Technologies. It is the UK's leading communications service provider and the prime channel to market for the other businesses in the Group. It has 21 million residential and business customers, a turnover of £11.8bn (in the last full financial year) and around 50,000 employees.
About Call Centre Expo UK
Call Centre Expo UK 2001 took place from 9-10 October 2001 at the NEC Birmingham. The 2001 event attracted 7,717 attendees (ABC audited) over the two days, which represents a 26% increase compared to the 2000 event. Since its launch in 1999, Call Centre Expo UK has seen phenomenal and continued growth from exhibitors, visitors and conference delegates alike. For more information, please visit http://www.callcentre-expo.com.
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd’s IT portfolio has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful products include Call Centre Focus magazine; networks telecom europe, GeoSolutions, Technology For Marketing, Call Centre Expo UK and Call Center Expo Europe events; The Call Centre DataFile, CMP Intelligent Marketing, CMP Interactive events and CMP PR Audit. Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com .
About CMP Media LLC
CMP Media ( http://www.cmp.com) is a leading high-tech media company providing essential information and marketing services to the entire technology spectrum worldwide. With its portfolio of newspapers, magazines, custom publishing, Internet products, research, consulting and conferences, CMP Media, part of United Business Media ( http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com), is uniquely positioned to offer marketers comprehensive, integrated solutions tailored to meet their individual needs.
CMP Europe Limited
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager, Tel: 020 8987 7617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Tanner, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7745, email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Europe in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.