Tripwire for Servers 3.0 and Tripwire Manager 3.0 Strengthen the Foundation of Data Security with Simplified Management and Enhanced Remediation Capabilities
Tripwire Inc., the Data Integrity Assurance Company, today announced that version 3.0 of its award-winning Tripwire® for Servers and Tripwire Manager software will be available for shipping on 20 May. The latest offering continues to ensure the integrity of an overall security strategy with added ease-of-use and enhanced remediation capabilities, as well as the ability to easily integrate Tripwire functionality into existing processes such as data backup and restoration.
The company also announced Tripwire for Servers 3.0. Check Point Edition will be available for shipping at the same time. The Check Point Edition assures the security and integrity of Check Point firewalls and VPN gateways and enables users to view integrity alerts from the Check Point NG Management Console.
Tripwire software provides the foundation for effective corporate information security and availability. New enhancements in the Tripwire 3.0 releases include increased functionality and improved management capabilities which ensure verification of data integrity across the enterprise and add customer-requested capabilities such as a Policy Wizard, Integrated Command Execution (ICE), HTML and XML reporting and many more.
“To be secure, you must trust the integrity of your security products. Tripwire provides that trust through data integrity assurance”, said Charles Kolodgy, research manager at IDC. “Tripwire continues to advance this concept through the protection of additional platforms and improved manageability.”
“The security and network management industry is demanding simpler administration capabilities and faster remediation to ensure uptime and maximize productivity,” said W. Wyatt Starnes, CEO, president and founder of Tripwire, Inc. “The new versions of Tripwire for Servers and Tripwire Manager not only make it easier and more intuitive for corporations to monitor the integrity of a critical system at the enterprise level, but also bring them one step closer to truly automated restoration when an undesired change occurs.”
Pricing & Availability
General availability of Tripwire for Servers 3.0, Tripwire for Servers 3.0, Check Point Edition and Tripwire Manager 3.0 is 20 May, 2002. Pricing of Tripwire for Servers 3.0 is 5, Tripwire for Servers 3.0, Check Point Edition is 5 and Tripwire Manager is ,995 per license. Standard and premium annual support options are available for 20% and 35% of product license price respectively.
- ends -
Technical notes for editors
Tripwire for Servers 3.0
Tripwire for Servers is the core integrity technology deployed on servers across the enterprise. Version 3.0 makes policy file generation simple with a graphical interface and enables system administrators to build customized responses to specific integrity violations for instant remediation. Key feature upgrades include:
· Policy Wizard. The Policy Wizard scans server file systems to make creating a Tripwire policy easy and intuitive. It also provides the user with suggested policy file details and advice on which files and objects should be monitored.
· Integrated Command Execution (ICE). The addition of ICE provides the ability to create specific automated responses to specific integrity violations, allowing rapid remediation when an undesired change occurs. This highly flexible feature allows for certain actions based on integrity violations, such as shutting down a server, closing a port on a firewall or triggering the restoration of a compromised file.
· XML Reporting. Reporting via HTML generates integrity notifications with hot links to critical changes, while XML provides a mechanism to integrate integrity reports with existing reporting programs.
Tripwire for Servers 3.0, Check Point Edition
Tripwire for Servers 3.0, Check Point Edition establishes the foundation for data security by assuring the integrity of Check Point firewalls and VPN gateways across an enterprise, ensuring maximum protection and verifying system integrity. Key feature and customer benefits include:
· Detection of unauthorized changes via lockdown ability of firewalls and VPN gateways.
· Complete firewall and VPN system integrity view from the Check Point NG management console.
· Generation of integrity alerts based on administrator-configurable policies. These quick alerts are viewable using the Check Point NG Log Viewer.
· Monitoring from a single console allows consolidated security assessment and enables event correlation.
Tripwire for Servers 3.0, Check Point Edition supports the Check Point Firewall-1, VPN-1 Gateway, SecureServer and SmallOffice products and runs on Solaris 7 and 8 and Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP Professional operating systems.
Tripwire Manager 3.0
Tripwire Manager enables the centralized management of Tripwire for Servers installations across the entire enterprise. Easy-to-read reports allow quick identification of changes to server files, prioritized by severity level. Centralized policy distribution enables quick and easy updating of files on multiple machines across the network. Key feature upgrades include:
· Grouping Capability. Allows the user to define and manage logical groups of Tripwire installations such as web servers, firewalls, finance servers, and servers grouped by location.
· Improved Audit Trail. Optionally requires a user to enter a user name and a ‘reason’ when performing common operations, providing the ability to quickly identify parties responsible for actions carried out using Tripwire Manager.
· Multiple Tripwire Manager Installations. Enables synchronization of import server lists to make management with multiple Tripwire Managers easy. Also provides the ability to have more than one installation of Tripwire Manager operating on a single machine.
About Tripwire Inc.
Tripwire Inc. is the Data Integrity Assurance Company. Tripwire software assures the integrity of data by establishing a baseline of data in its desired state, detecting and reporting any changes to the baseline, and ensuring rapid discovery and remediation when undesired change occurs. Tripwire is highly recommended as a Best Practice by many security advisory groups and is featured in the NSA’s “60 Minute Security Guide.” Tripwire customers include Global 3000 companies, e-business corporations and key public sector organizations such as Intuit, AT&T, Ernst & Young and the U.S. House of Representatives. Tripwire is headquartered in Portland, Ore., with offices in Japan, France and Germany, and users in 92 countries around the world. For more information about Tripwire, please visit the company web site at http://www.tripwire.com .
Tripwire, Tripwire for Servers 3.0 and Tripwire Manager 3.0 are registered trademarks of Tripwire Inc.
+1 503 276 7554
Sian Ford/Alex Murphy
Strategic Alliance International
+44 (0) 1494 434434
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.