London, 13th May, 2002. Visitors to The Hub, a feature within networks telecom europe 2002, sponsored by IT Week, will witness head-to-head debates, interrogations and topical discussions with the news makers and opinion-formers from the networking industry.
As a FREE auditorium, playing host to top IT and Telecoms Directors, The Hub will give vendors and the media a chance to network and experience the latest technology solutions for the European Infocomms industry.
Visitors to the Hub can expect to see (1):
- Keynote speeches from
- Douglas Alexander, Minister of State for E-Commerce and Competitiveness*; Tuesday, 25th June 2002.
- Geoff Morris, Chairman of InterForum & Chairman of the Charter Council, MD of Signal Computing, Wednesday, 26th June 2002.
- Bruce Forbes, Chairman of InterForum's Business Council & Chief Technology Officer for Financial Times Group, Thursday, 27th June 2002.
- IT/Telecoms Managers Question Time featuring as panelists Richard Wilson, TOPCALL; Campbell Williams, Mitel Networks; Allan Scott*, Avaya; Maren Bennette, Cisco Systems and posing questions, IT/Telecoms managers from Transco, Metropolitan Police, Royal Bank of Scotland, Consignia and British Airways.
The Hub will also host debate and discussion on the latest burning issues of
- Security, with Richard Power, Director of Computer Security Institute; Nick Colman, IBM; David Love, Computer Associates; Dr Steve Marsh*, Office of e-envoy; Dr Michael Taylor* from Home Office and Rupert Goodwins, Technical Editor ZDNet UK.
- Convergence, sponsored by WorldCom with Bertrand Chauvet, NetCentrex; Hugh James, Managing Director of ISDN Communications Ltd; Dr Chris Purvis of ISDN Communications Ltd and Jane Oliver, e-business Editor of ZDNet UK.
- Wireless Technology, sponsored by Palm with Eugene Lacy, Editor-in-Chief of ZDNet UK; Catriona Campbell, CEO of The Usability Group; Ruth Kirby, Director of Synstar Networking; Mike Short, Chairman of the Mobile Data Association and mm02; Andrew Fitton, Chief Executive of Transcomm; John Rogers, MDA Executive Board Member and Steve Reynolds, Managing Director of Technological Business Solutions Ltd & MDA Board Member.
networks telecom europe 2002, to be held on the 25th - 27th June 2002 at the Birmingham NEC, is one of the UK's leading IT, telecoms and internet events. In it's role as a valuable information resource for the networking industry, networks telecom europe 2002 will reflect and investigate current issues within dedicated zones, including the Security Zone, Storage Networking Zone and the Convergence Zone.
For more information on networks telecom europe 2002, or to register for free entry, please visit http://www.networks-telecom.com
Notes to Editor:
*To be confirmed
1) The organisers reserve the right to make changes or alterations to the programme without notice.
About networks telecom europe
networks telecom europe 2002 takes place from 25-27 June 2002 at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham. Networks telecom 2001 attracted 18,780* visitors. (*ABC Audit) For more information please visit: http://www.networks-telecom.com
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd’s IT portfolio has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful products include Call Centre Focus magazine; networks telecom europe, GeoSolutions, Technology For Marketing, Call Centre Expo UK and Call Center Expo Europe events; The Call Centre DataFile, CMP Intelligent Marketing, CMP Interactive events and CMP PR Audit.
Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com
About CMP Media LLC
CMP Media ( http://www.cmp.com) is a leading high-tech media company providing essential information and marketing services to the entire technology spectrum worldwide. With its portfolio of newspapers, magazines, custom publishing, Internet products, research, consulting and conferences, CMP Media, part of United Business Media ( http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com), is uniquely positioned to offer marketers comprehensive, integrated solutions tailored to meet their individual needs.
CMP Europe Ltd
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager, Tel: 020 8987 7617 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Lee, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7635 Email: email@example.com
Sarah Tanner, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7745, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Europe in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.