KaVaDo, Inc., the technology leader in Web application protection whose European headquarters is in London, today unveils InterDo Version 2.5. The new product features increased security functions, an intuitive graphical user interface, higher performance levels, and broader administrative support.
As part of an extended Version 2.5 launch of several editions, KaVaDo is initially releasing InterDo 2.5 Business and InterDo 2.5 Enterprise to provide protection for companies of various sizes that rely on Web applications for critical business operations.
One key advance in InterDo 2.5 is support for KaVaDo’s patent-pending AutoPolicy technology. The addition of AutoPolicy allows ScanDo, KaVaDo’s vulnerability scanner, to automatically create or update InterDo’s protection policy. ScanDo scans applications, mimicking advanced hacker techniques to expose security weaknesses. It then sends this information directly to InterDo to automate the process of creating or updating the necessary levels of application protection.
“We have invested substantially in the development of this product version, and we are – once again – proud to offer the most technologically advanced solution on the market for Web application protection without compromise,” said Yuval Ben-Itzhak, CTO and co-founder of KaVaDo. “Any organisation with a Web presence must seriously evaluate its exposure to online attacks. (1) We built the business and enterprise editions to meet the needs of a wide range of Web-enabled companies, and we have received a lot of positive feedback from our customers ranging from small and medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 corporations.
Both editions of InterDo 2.5 will feature KaVaDo’s unique approach to application security, which protects against events and behaviours that do not follow an application’s designed purpose. InterDo also prevents an extensive range of specific Web application attack categories (database sabotage, buffer overflows, cookie poisoning, etc.), without requiring new updates or signatures.
KaVaDo provides protection at the application layer, which is often the easiest path for hackers to gain illegal access to critical enterprise resources, but is not protected by commonly deployed solutions such as firewalls and IDSs.
KaVaDo has gained a strong reputation for the technical detail its developers have put into their Web Application Protection products. In his article entitled “Bulletproof” in the May, 2002 issue of Information Security Magazine, Mike Bobbitt notes: "It's clear that InterDo was built by "in-the-trenches" developers, making it very flexible, configurable, and extensible."
The advances make InterDo 2.5 the most comprehensive, user-friendly Web application protection solution currently available. New features include:
· Protection against advanced hacker techniques that take advantage of HTTP Methods, FileUploads, WebServices, SOAP, and multi-language vulnerabilities.
· Maximum-security policy tailoring to protect each application separately based on its unique attributes.
· Rapid deployment using a policy template for applications and AutoPolicy created by ScanDo.
· Enhanced administration support to include an intuitive GUI, an easy-to-use wizard-driven management console, multi-language features, encrypted certificate storage, Administrators Authorisation System, and dynamic performance graphs.
· Additional methods and protocols for alerts distribution and log data export, including support for CSV, TSV and XML formats, ODBC, SNMP, SysLog, SMTP and ELA.
· Better device integration, with OPSEC, SAM and ELA certifications.
· The highest levels of performance available on the market.
KaVaDo provides next-generation Web application protection solutions and vulnerability assessment products for the corporate market using its patent-pending Protected Path™ technology. These solutions account for the various types of threats against Web applications and allow IT management to apply only the necessary protection against anticipated threats, known and unknown. KaVaDo offers a unique, effective approach to Web application protection with minimum strain on system resources, easy installation and management, and flexibility to handle a variety of applications under different environments.
With its European centre in London, corporate headquarters in New York, and research and development facilities in Tel Aviv, KaVaDo ( http://www.kavado.com) also has offices in Japan and across North America.
(1) Independent expert Neil Hare-Brown of London security consultancy QCC is happy to be interviewed about the reality of the threat to Web applications –
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7554 9950
Further editorial information from KaVaDo:
KaVaDo Europe: Terry Schoen – 0207 604 4466
Sage Partnership: Kevin Fiske – 0118 9344007
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Sage Partnership in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.