• Siemens select elata as a preferred delivery partner
London 11 June, 2002: Mobile giant Siemens mobile has chosen the elata senses wireless Java delivery platform as part of its UK launch of the new M50 mobile handset – the first affordable, mass-market Java phone to be commercially available in the UK.
The flexible elata senses platform will allow Siemens M50 mobile users the freedom and ability to choose their own personalised package of media-rich data services including games and entertainment, via The Carphone Warehouse portal.
The Carphone Warehouse staged Java download demonstrations, powered by elata’s subscriber management and service delivery platform, at today’s official UK launch of the new Siemens M50 phone. The demonstration included the over-the-air (OTA) delivery and download of the latest Java games from the The Carphone Warehouse portal to the new GPRS phone.
The elata senses platform features unique software capabilities for managing subscriber groups, mobile services and devices, which enable the portal to:
• allow users to create and manage their personal account and register for interest groups
• offer a portfolio of Java services and ringtones for users to discover
• allow users to simply self-select services from a range that match their interests
• deliver and download services simply, to ensure users are removed from technology issues
“The flexible, scalable nature of the elata senses platform will enable our M50 Java phone to deliver fun, affordable and targeted data services to the UK mass-market for the first time,” said Peter Richardson, CTO of Siemens mobile. “Together with elata and The Carphone Warehouse, we will offer mobile users a dynamic and compelling user experience and unparalleled freedom and flexibility to enjoy the latest mobile services.”
“We’re pleased to be working with two of the leading forces in the wireless industry, in Siemens mobile and The Carphone Warehouse, to bring this innovative new product to market and introduce the UK’s mobile users to the exciting world of new generation data services that wireless Java enables,” said Matt Hooper, Vice President of Marketing and Alliances at elata.
He continued: “The elata senses platform provides the market’s first real solution to help mobile operators and service providers package, target, personalise and deliver dynamic wireless Java and MMS propositions and most importantly, generate immediate revenue and stimulate the average revenue per user (ARPU).”
Further to this new initiative, The Carphone Warehouse is currently developing a strategy to distribute a host of Java-enabled entertainment and games through its retail outlets in the near future.
- ends -
elata has been developing Java software solutions since 1996 and has created the elata senses platform to deliver new generation wireless Java services to mobile handsets. Both platform and device independent, elata senses enables the mobile operator to:
• Increase revenues by introducing billable wireless Java services quickly and simply
• Deliver and download mobile services and applications compatible with different Java handsets
• Provide a simple, cost-effective migration path to introduce new services and technologies, including MMS.
• Manage and target personalised services by modelling the subscriber base according to the subscriber’s profile and interests.
• Enable subscribers to simply self-select services for their device from a Web portal or their device menu.
• Link to customer care, CRM and billing systems to enable real-time management.
• Manage and introduce portfolio services and applications from third party server locations.
A J2EE based platform, elata senses offers carrier class scalability and can be fully customised to integrate into an end-to-end OSS/BSS system. elata senses removes the complexities of modern data delivery and management and sets a clear migration path to multimedia messaging and third generation technologies. Visit the website at
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1202 207 407
Mobile: +44 (0) 7771 852 650
Nelson Bostock Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7229 4400
Mobile: +44 (0) 7747 618 825
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nelson Bostock Unlimited in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.