Enhancing financial management adds enterprise-wide intelligence
Investors and regulators around the globe are calling for increased financial transparency to regain market confidence and stimulate the economy. SAS, the leader in business intelligence software, answers that call with its latest version of SAS(r) Financial Management Solutions.
SAS' quality data analysis and consistency are at the heart of financial transparency. Layer that with multidimensional reporting and forecasting capabilities and any organisation has the ability to know the financial health of the organisation at any given moment.
For example, international marketer Cargill Inc. uses SAS Financial Management Solutions for the consolidation and analysis of its legal and management reporting. "By implementing SAS, we have been able to meet our reporting deadlines, deliver more precise, consolidated information and reduce headcount in the financial area resulting in increased ROI," said John Rudberg, manager of Financial Reporting Systems at Cargill.
"When our year-end reporting is finished, we plan to implement the upgraded version 3.2 of SAS' Financial Management Solutions and are excited about the new consolidation and reporting capabilities as well the flexible cost allocation piece. Having a long relationship with SAS has helped us gain a comprehensive understanding of our enterprise finances."
"Our customers, like Cargill, are under increased scrutiny by federal and international agencies to prove their financial stability," said Phil Strand, Manager, Worldwide Strategic Marketing, Financial Management Solutions at SAS. "With SAS' financial management solutions any company can have the confidence to face the market knowing their data is accurate and reliable and they can make sound business decisions based on that data."
About SAS(r) Financial Management Solutions 3.2
* Enhanced Business Planning - Planning and Budgeting is completely integrated - eliminating redundant data, providing a consistent experience for all users throughout the organisation. Management planning allows automated notification regarding process performance, keeping tabs on important issues such as data integrity.
* Flexible Cost Management - Users can now choose between traditional cost allocations or more sophisticated activity based costing methods as a result of the integration of ABC Technologies benefits include:
* Automate labour-intensive processes.
* Perform profitability analysis.
* "What if" scenario modelling.
* Rapid Consolidation - SAS( Consolidation and Reporting optimises efficiency and ease of use by taking advantage of the SAS Intelligence Architecture -- the open, end-to-end core of all SAS analytic applications.
SAS is the market leader in providing a new generation of business intelligence software and services that create true enterprise intelligence. SAS solutions are used at more than 38,000 sites - including 99 of the top 100 businesses on the Fortune 500 - to develop more profitable relationships with customers and suppliers; to enable better, more accurate and informed decisions; and to drive organisations forward. SAS is the only vendor that completely integrates leading data warehousing, analytics and traditional BI applications to create intelligence from massive amounts of data. For 25 years, SAS has been giving customers around the world The Power to Know(tm).
For further information, please contact the team at the SAS press office on:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7841 5738, fax:+44 (0)20 7240 1910 or e-mail
For more information on SAS, please visit
SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. (r) indicates USA registration. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright (c) 2002 SAS Institute Inc. Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Golin in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.