New Software Helps Optimise Investments in Projects, People,
Capital and Knowledge
London – 20 June, 2002: PlanView has announced the release and immediate availability of Version 7.2
of its enterprise web software for integrated resource, project and service management.
This new release of PlanView offers process guides for organisations who want greater success as they plan work and resources, create project and organisational budgets, manage knowledge, implement project workflows, and collaborate.
• Portfolio Management: New analytics and opportunity analysis features are fully integrated with PlanView’s performance measurement to support investment decision making. Features include a Portfolio Manager role, a Portfolio Portal, and additional Scoreboard reports on customisable portfolio attributes of work and resources, such as: business alignment, ROI quarter, investment type, risk potential and cost variances.
• More Dynamic Web Portals: HomeView, PlanView’s user portal, has been enhanced with easier customisation and displays of organisational workflow. Two shared web portals have been added. The PlanView Project Portal allows everyone with an interest, including guests, to collaborate while communicating the project schedule, budget, workflow and knowledge management appropriate to their role in the organisation. The PlanView Portfolio Portal groups and displays tools and information around a work characteristic (such as investment, customer or program) for a single user or a work group.
• Organisational & Project Budgets: Top-down organisational budgets are integrated with bottom-up project budgets to support accurate financial management and tracking of revenue, benefits and expenditures. New PlanView budgeting features include organisational defined time periods, multiple budget models and versions, lockable budgets, support for executive reporting and flexible cost accounts.
• Project Lifecycle & Organisational Workflows: The project lifecycle in PlanView lets users define roles and events to generate notifications and actions that keep work moving through the organisation. To help make work practices repeatable and organisations more efficient, PlanView has defined dozens of these process steps for automation. Typical project lifecycle models improve the budgeting workflow, approval of project status changes, time and billing updates and knowledge and content management requirements.
• Resource Soft-Booking: To improve productivity and market agility, new soft people-booking processes allow project managers to reserve staff before they know project details, thus locking in their availability and being more dynamic in resource assignments. Resource or functional managers approve the reserve requests and set tolerances for how project managers may book the resources. Reservations are automatically adjusted within PlanView when detailed assignments are made, or flagged if out of tolerance.
• Knowledge Management: PlanView now includes a full-featured document repository that links content management with opportunities, projects, resources, budgets, and service agreements. Managed content can be any electronic document or web address maintained in PlanView or addressable in another system. The most precious asset of most organisations is the compiled knowledge of its people, which can be leveraged in PlanView to improve global collaboration and work and resource management processes.
PlanView's web software improves how an organisation plans, manages, tracks and shares work and resources optimising performance and strategic value across the enterprise. Automating processes to put the right people on the right work.
PlanView is the world leader in integrated project, service and resource management software and services to Global 3000 organisations. Allied Irish Bank, Allianz, ALLTEL Information Services, BancTec, Deloitte & Touche, Discover Financials, Ernst & Young, Reuters, and others make up the 300 clients who have licensed more than 175,000 copies of PlanView Software. The company has headquarters in Austin, Texas, with field offices throughout the US, and with major centres in Europe including Germany, the UK and Italy.
A recent survey by the Aberdeen Group of analysts found that PlanView customers enjoyed an average resource utilisation increase of 17.7 per cent as a direct result of implementing PlanView – the equivalent of one extra day per week per person. Out of the nine vendors whose users were surveyed by Aberdeen Group, PlanView had the highest resource utilisation increase. The survey average was 8.1 per cent.
PlanView (UK) has its headquarters in Reading, Berkshire and operates throughout the UK and Ireland. Visit
for more information or PlanView’s portal site at http://www.myplanview.com
If you know someone who should also receive news about PlanView and the project management industry, please forward their email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
PlanView is a registered trademark of PlanView Inc. All other trademarks are acknowledged.
020 8286 0654
0118 965 3486
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Watch PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.