Value-added services provider Telsis has helped T-Mobile UK to launch on-demand voice conferencing.
T-Mobile's newly-launched Group Call service turns voice conferencing - previously considered mainly a business tool - into a mass-market service. In contrast to established voice conferencing systems which require registration with an operator, Group Call conferences are entirely automated and can be held on the spur of the moment. There are no complicated access codes and every conference participant pays through their own normal bill.
One of a range of advanced conferencing solutions developed by Telsis, the technology behind Group Call is delivered as a stand-alone package of hardware and software. Branded 'LinkCall' by Telsis, the system supports up to 640 simultaneous chat rooms or conferences, each with a capacity of 10 callers. Participants can join and leave a conference in any order.
LinkCall runs on three products from the Telsis Ocean family of carrier-grade infrastructure platforms. Ocean fastIP intelligent peripherals incorporate powerful digital processing algorithms to support high-quality audio conferencing. The Ocean fastSSP programmable switch, with its on-board interactive functions, provides start-at-the-beginning audio greetings and DTMF detection on every port, while the Ocean fastSCP service control point allocates callers to an appropriate fastIP.
Welcoming the launch of Group Call, product manager John Cowan at T-Mobile, said: "This service will help our customers to achieve true mobility, enabling them to hold meetings over the phone, as well as to organise their lives outside work. In line with our brand promise of 'Get more value, Get more features and Get more service', Group Call is a genuine time saver for people with busy, mobile lifestyles and, like all T-Mobile products, is affordable and simple to use."
T-Mobile is already an established Telsis customer, having deployed Ocean switches and IVR platforms to create a nationwide overlay network that enables it to consistently beat its customer services benchmark and frees its mobile network for revenue-generating traffic.
The operator was also the first to deploy a pre-pay roaming solution incorporating Telsis platforms.
With its headquarters, research and production site in the UK, Telsis (www.telsis.com) has sales and support operations in France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain, Singapore and Australia. The company offers a wide range of innovative value-added voice and text services, in addition to carrier-grade infrastructure platforms that include IN service control points, switches, advanced IVR solutions and intelligent SMS Routers. Telsis products are in use with major network operators around the world.
Notes to Editors
1. T-Mobile UK, trading as T-Mobile, was formerly known as One 2 One, and is the UK network of T-Mobile International - one of Deutsche Telekom AG's four strategic divisions.
2. Around 67 million people use the mobile communications services provided by companies in which T-Mobile or Deutsche Telekom have a majority or minority stake, making T- Mobile International one of the world's leading mobile communications companies.
3. T-Mobile International is the first transatlantic mobile communications provider utilising the digital GSM wireless technology standard. This underpins the provision of its unique transatlantic, single tariff roaming package, "World Class".
4. The T-Mobile UK service covers in excess of 99% of the UK's population.
5. The T-Mobile UK network currently handles over 260 million calls each week in the UK alone.
Further editorial information:
Telsis Ltd: Adrian Swatridge
+44 (0) 1489 885877
Sage Partnership: Kevin Fiske +44 (0) 1189 344007
Corporate PR at T-Mobile:
+44 (0) 7932 078816
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Sage Partnership in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.