Chey Garland, Chief Executive of Garlands Call Centres has won the prestigious ‘Business Services Entrepreneur of the Year’ award for the Northern Region at the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. The award ceremony was held at the Palace Hotel in Manchester on the 20th June 2002.
Chey will now go forward to compete for the top accolade of ‘Business Services Entrepreneur of the Year’ at the National Finals where she will compete against 4 other regional winners. This awards ceremony will take place on Monday 7th October 2002 at the Le Meridien Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
The award comes at the end of a fantastic 12 months for Garlands Call Centres in which the company was recognised as the 'Fastest Growing Large UK Call Centre'* by Marketing Magazine after reporting a massive 115% increase in turnover to £12.3 million in calendar year 2001. In recognition of her achievements in growing the business, Chey Garland was named Runner Up in the Verve Clicquot Award for Business Woman of the Year for 2001 and has also won a number of local and regional business awards.
Chey has overseen the growth of Garlands Call Centres from a 20 person operation in 1997 to a 1300 agent operation today. The unique customer service offering Chey and her management team has devised has enticed some of the largest and most successful UK corporations to entrust their most ‘valuable asset’ - their customers - to her care. She is passionate about the fundamentals of customer service and always seeking out new ways to 'enchant the customer'. The success that her company has achieved is perhaps best encapsulated in three words - passion, innovation and entrepreneurialism.
* ‘Large’ is defined by Marketing magazine as having a turnover in excess of £10m
For further information or photographs relating to the Entrepreneur of the Year awards please contact Eleanor Harvey, Ernst & Young, on 0113 298 2399.
Notes to Editors
* The judging panel for the North region awards was chaired by Richard Young, Managing Director of the Manchester Technology Fund and comprised Paul Callaghan, Vice President of domainnames.com and Europe-VeriSign Inc, and the 2000 E-Business Entrepreneur of the Year. Frank Dee, non-executive director of Speedy Hire, Lucy Armstrong, consultant with Whitney Tyzack; Professor Kevin Keasey of Leeds University Business School; and Edwina Lilly, founder of Est Est Est and The Restaurantgame.
* National sponsors of the awards programme include Ernst & Young, Citigroup Private Bank, The Times and the London Stock Exchange.
* The awards are endorsed by the Department of Trade and Industry, the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), the Design Council, Community Action Network (CAN) and the Institute of Directors (IoD).
* For more information about the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards programme, visit http://www.eoy.co.uk
Established in 1997, Garlands Call Centres was named the UK’s fastest growing large call centre by Marketing Magazine in its 2001 Telemarketing League Tables. Garlands has a blue chip client list that includes leading businesses in the telecoms (mobile and fixed), utilities and financial services industries.
The company handles both inbound and outbound customer contacts via phone, email and the Web for customer retention, cross selling, upselling, customer service, customer acquisition, credit management and customer lifecycle management.
Garlands is passionate about its people, believing that people are key to providing the best customer service. The company provides comprehensive and innovative programmes with a holistic focus to develop the skills of its staff - programmes that extend beyond the call centre and into the local community.
For further media information, please contact:
Adrienne Routledge/ Michael Gray
Tel: 020 8744 9168
(To obtain a picture of Chey Garland, please call Gray Associates on +44 (0)20 8744 9168)
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Gray Associates in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.