London, July 4, 2002. Visitors to GeoSolutions 2002 will have access to even more free seminars, workshops and industry-focused information and advice than ever before. Highlights at this year's event will include: the Consultancy Centre, the Solutions Centre, Information House National Projects Zone, GI for Joined-up Government Zone, Geomatics Workshops, 'Working for a Safer Earth' presentations on the British National Space Centre (BNSC) stand, and much more. GeoSolutions 2002, incorporating GIS 2002, the AGI 2002 Conference and GeoSolutions Forums will be held at Earls Court 2 (South Hall) on 17-19 September 2002.
"By attending GeoSolutions 2002 and taking part in these free educational opportunities, visitors will be able to walk away with practical advice and information they can implement immediately into their business. There is something here for everyone, whether they are from the public or private sector, whether they are an experience GI specialist or novice. We would like to thank the number of industry bodies and organisations involved in making GeoSolutions 2002 the best educational platform within the marketplace," commented Jessica Blue, Event Manager for GeoSolutions 2002.
Just some of the highlights this year include:
- Consultancy Centre Consultants with experience across many industry areas will be on hand to give free independent advice on visitor's specific issues. The consultants will also offer guidance towards suitable suppliers, information providers and educational opportunities. Visitors can book appointments with consultants before the event by visiting the website http://www.geosolutions-expo.com .
- Solutions Centre in association with Kingston University will provide visitors with an independent and informative facility to obtain hands-on experience of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), in both formal workshops and informal drop-in sessions. Presented by independent GIS experts, the workshops are designed to allow visitors to follow, step-by-step, the details of producing a practical GIS using industry-standard software. Topics include crime mapping, network fault tracing and location-based services.
- Practical public sector advice ¡V Find out how Geographical Information (GI) can deliver benefits to both central and local government through the:
New Information House National Projects. The zone will focus on how Information House¡¦s national projects are progressing. The National Land & Property Gazetteer (NLPG and National Land Information Service (NLIS) are key governmental initiatives fundamental in moving Local Authorities forward towards achieving the e-Government targets. Key Information House team members will be available to answer any queries about these projects and assist with any queries regarding other national projects such as Local Authority Secure Electoral Register ands IDeA Marketplace.
- GI for Joined-up Government Zone in association with The Intra-Governmental Group on Geographic Information (IGGI) will feature demonstrations from a number of central government projects. These include MAGIC (Multi-Agency Geographic Information for the Countryside) which brings together rural and countryside information, and Maps on Tap which provides Ordnance Survey mapping to desktops with ODPM, with a view to being rolled out across Central Government. Also being showcased are:
Thepowerofgeography.com - A joint venture between the AGI, IGGI and Ordnance Survey, to promote the benefits of GI. There will be demonstrations of a toolkit that is being produced to allow users to show the benefits of GI within their organisation.
The Pilot Pan Government Agreement - The agreement allows all central government departments to have unlimited access to Ordnance Survey digital products. Visitors can find out how their organisation can join the OS Pan Government Agreement, and begin to see the advantages of using GI.
- Space - 'Working for a Safer Earth' in association with British National Space Centre (BNSC), Remote Sensing & Photogrammetry Society and BARSC. Visitors can find out the latest on current applications and new technology for monitoring and navigating the planet using space information to promote a safer Earth. Visitors can also attend seminars or chat to an expert to find out more about how space and airborne technology can benefit business.
- New Free RICS Geomatics Workshops - The workshops will provide visitors with an insight into:
- The practical applications and professional necessities of industry standard specifications in the areas of GPS, aerial photography, mapping and survey contracts.
- Basic geodesy, survey techniques, accuracy/precision and fitness for purpose of data.
- New Geomatics Advice and Information Service provided by RICS - an opportunity to meet with leading geomatics suppliers, talk to industry experts, and obtain advice regarding the benefits gained by using GI applications.
For more information about GeoSolutions 2002, or to register for free entry into the event please visit http://www.geosolutions-expo.com or call +44 (0)20 8987 8884.
Notes to Editor
GeoSolutions 2002 will take place 17-19th September 2002 at Earls Court 2, London. GIS 2001 in association with the AGI Conference featured over 100 exhibitors and had 4,187 attendees (ABC Audited) at Earls Court 2.
For more information please visit http://www.geosolutions-expo.com
About CMP Europe Ltd: IT Portfolio
CMP Europe's IT portfolio has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP's current successful products include Call Centre Focus magazine; networks telecom europe, GeoSolutions, Technology For Marketing, Call Centre Expo UK and Call Center Expo Europe events; The Call Centre DataFile, Call Centre Management Yearbook, CMP Intelligent Marketing, CMP Interactive events and CMP PR Audit.
Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com
CMP Europe Limited:
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager, Tel: 020 8987 7617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Lee, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7635, email@example.com
Sarah Tanner, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7745, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Information Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.