The Industry Event On Electronic Licensing And Digital Rights Management (DRM) Best Practices
London, England — July 19, 2002—Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN), the leading developer and supplier of, electronic licensing, rights management and copy protection technologies announced today that its Globetrotter software division will be hosting the annual Electronic Commerce for Software (EC4S) Conference, October 6-10.
EC4S is the widest attended annual electronic licensing forum for software companies and corporate end-users alike. Attendees will be able to listen to industry experts describe how to implement best practices in the areas of electronic licensing and electronic software usage in order to improve business productivity, control and monitor software licensing terms and track usage of software applications.
Globetrotter provides industry standard electronic software licensing, DRM, and electronic software distribution technology to over 2,500 software and technology vendors.
EC4S will cover:
· Electronic License Management (ELM)—Monitoring compliance with license terms and
delivering software applications using over 100 different business models and permutations. (FLEXlm)
· Electronic License Delivery (ELD) and Electronic Software Distribution (ESD)—automated, Internet enabled license fulfillment and customer service operations and methodologies that improve customer support and acceptance of demos and updates. (GTlicensing)
· Software Asset Management—enterprise-based applications that continuously monitor application software usage to help improve usage tracking, ROI and ensure software license compliance throughout an organization. (SAMsuite)
· Software-as-a-Service and Subscription Services—Laying the foundations for developing the next generation of software applications based upon usage charging and pay-as-you-go models. (FLEXbill)
· Outsourced Delivery Systems—Third party Service Providers who can implement high value eoutsourced electronic delivery solutions quickly and cost effectively. (GTlicensing)
· Single user license distribution and protection—Using Digital Rights Management (DRM) technologies to both protect and maximize distribution of intellectual property (IP) and applications (SAFEDISC®, SAFECAST™, SAFEWRAP, SAFEAUDIO) for packaged media—CDs and DVDs—and electronic distribution.
The program will include keynote presentations by industry experts in Electronic Licensing and DRM, and will also feature user and vendor roundtables, product presentations, training sessions, and industry special interest groups.
Main Speakers include:
· Ronald R. Machan, Managing Director, KPMG Consulting Software Licensing Practice Group.
· Steve McHale, Vice President, International Data Corporation (IDC).
· David L Brown, General Manager, Platform Enabling, INTEL
· Keith Kupferschmid, VP, Intellectual Property Protection and Enforcement, SIIA
· Plus multiple speakers and presenters from both developer companies and corporate organizations, who are using these technologies today.
For more information on EC4S, please visit: http://www.ec4s.com
Discounts available for early registration. Members of the press may attend by special arrangements with Globetrotter Software Division and Macrovision.
Macrovision develops and markets electronic license management, rights management and copy protection technologies for the enterprise software, consumer interactive software, home video and music markets. Macrovision has its corporate headquarters in Santa Clara, California, with European headquarters in London and Asia-Pacific headquarters in Tokyo.
EC4S, Globetrotter, FLEXlm, GTlicensing, SAMsuite, SAFEDISC, SAFECAST, SAFEWRAP and
SAFEAUDIO are registered trademarks or trademarks of Macrovision Corporation.
Note to Editors: For more information regarding Globetrotter and Macrovision Corporation, please visit:
This press release may contain “forward-looking” statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. A number of factors could cause Macrovision’s actual results to differ from anticipated results expressed in such forward-looking statements. Such factors are addressed in Macrovision’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (available at
Macrovision assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
Phone: +1 (408) 562-8504
EC4S Conference Contact:
Phone: +1(408) 445-8100 x 249
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Macrovision UK Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.