15 October 2002 (A0209) ~ Actinic Software, the ecommerce applications developer, is now shipping version 6 of its best-selling shop-in-a-box solutions, Catalog and Business. The key changes include more flexible product presentation and ordering options; a better shopping cart; improved
catalogue design elements; extension of content management support to Catalog plus innovative digital download capability in Business. Catalog retails at £379 and Business at £799 + VAT with upgrade pricing on request. See http://www.actinic.co.uk for more.
Summary of Main Enhancements
· Simple content management extended to Catalog, enabling creation and maintenance of a complete business website beyond the catalogue pages
· Improved shopping experience through more flexible page layouts and editable shopping cart
· Improved handling of components and attributes through more flexible shopping cart, taxation and export options
· Pop-up windows for additional product information and larger images
· New range of design templates based on research into popular ecommerce site layouts
· Compact and full P3P security support
· Repeat order/shopping list feature allowing cart contents to be saved, recalled and edited (Business only)
· More flexible customer management features (Business only)
· Digital download plug-in to enable the sale of 'soft' goods. RRP £499 + VAT (Business only)
· Improved backup and restore (Business only)
Web developer Adam Reynolds built http://www.collectandplay.com using the new release. His verdict: "Version 6 is what I would call a mature and capable product which recognises that people want to be able to manage the whole site, not just the shop. Actinic v6 achieves everything I want from an ecommerce package for a fantastic price."
Chris Barling, COO, Actinic Software. Tel 01932 871018,
Actinic PR: Jane Lee, Dexterity. Tel 01273 470199,
About Actinic Software Ltd.:
Founded in 1996, Actinic specialises in developing PC-based ecommerce software for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that want to sell online. Actinic is a key partner in the DTI's UK online for business programme. Some of Actinic's better known UK users include the Royal Opera
House, London Symphony Orchestra, Lloyds of London, Focus Do-it-All, Robert Dyas, the Royal Navy and Help the Aged. Visit http://www.actinic.co.uk
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Dexterity in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.