The friendly merger of two recruitment agencies has led to the creation of the Matchtech Group plc, one of the UK's largest recruitment consultancies in the engineering, manufacturing, construction, scientific and IT sectors.
The amalgamation of Matchmaker Personnel and Matchtech Engineering, two of the South's largest recruitment specialists, has formed one of the UK's top 50 recruitment consultants and one of the country's top 10 engineering specialists.
The merger also makes the new company one of the most technologically advanced in the sector with a new online service for clients, customers and candidates, while maintaining the personal service from their 100 plus specialist consultants.
George Materna, Chairman of Matchtech said: "Matchtech will provide total recruitment solutions in our specialist areas under one brand, operating from one large site.
"We have formed the new company from two companies who were already achieving record years prior to the merger. Together, we are able to build on that growth and provide a more complete package to clients than has previously been possible.
"Our aim is to provide a better service to existing clients; and demonstrate to potential clients that we are uniquely placed to service their needs in technical and IT recruitment."
Matchtech is now:
· One of the top 10 engineering recruitment companies in the country;
· One of the top 50 recruitment companies in the country;
· One of the top 100 companies in Hampshire.
In addition to its core service of providing contract and permanent staff to a wide range of UK and international organisations, it is one of the leaders in graduate recruitment, with strong links to universities, colleges and other educational establishments for the benefit of graduates and clients.
It also covers generalist and all types of specialist HR personnel.
Matchtech has also recognised the importance of recruiting and retaining top class staff and has introduced an employee share scheme so that staff can share in the firm's success; and the clients and customers know they are dealing with someone who has a vested interest in providing the best
To coincide with the merger of the two companies, Matchtech has unveiled its new website which has been developed using the latest design technology and advanced job search software. It is updated daily and carries hundreds of current vacancies and positions at home and abroad. The new software system allows candidates to receive regular updates and information by email.
George Materna said: "By operating from a single site we have been able to create a centre of excellence where all the necessary skills, resources and services are available under one roof and where our staff can share knowledge and expertise to offer a complete service to clients.
"Additionally, by using the latest technology we are able to transport the benefits of our recruitment 'supersite' directly to the clients' or candidates' office, home or college."
Notes to editors:
1. Matchtech is based at Solent Business Park, Southampton. It employs more than 100 consultants and 40 support staff in almost 30 divisions, each concentrating on activities within one particular field to bring a depth of specialist knowledge of that industry sector to clients and candidates.
2. It has a database of over 200,000 technical, construction and IT staff and supplies more than 1,000 companies.
3. Matchtech's core business is placing contract and permanent staff with a wide range of UK and international clients in engineering, manufacturing and IT sectors. Its range of clients in both the public and private sector covers construction, manufacturing, engineering, scientific, automotive, power generation, marine, aerospace, local authorities, specialist engineering, personnel departments, procurement, IT, design and many others.
4. Its annual turnover is approaching £70 million.
5. Matchtech's website is at http://www.matchtech.com
For further information, interviews or photographs, contact:
Susie Hughes: 0207 462 7955
Press notice released on behalf of Matchtech Group; 1450 Parkway, Solent
Business Park, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AF.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of SHA in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.