Vicorp launches complete multimedia tool kit for carriers & corporates
· From carrier-class technical architecture to ready-to-use business applications
· Adds new revenue streams, cuts infrastructure costs and speeds product deployment times
· Acknowledged by analysts, the Kelsey Group, as the leading solution in its field
Carriers and corporates are the targets for a world-first technology and applications package that allows them to cut interactive telephony infrastructure costs by up to 30%, enhance their existing services, and speed new product deployments by 10 times.
Vicorp, the leading multimedia platforms and applications company, has launched the Vicorp.xMP Media Engine, the first complete tool kit for creating and deploying multimedia services. The Vicorp.xMP combines the most advanced media server and IP voice engine technology with a suite of interactive products and applications – from speech recognition and text-to-speech to interactive banking and VPNs.
The Vicorp.xMP Media Engine is already trialling with blue-chip carriers and corporates worldwide. Tailored versions of the package are being designed for vertical sectors relying heavily on communications technology to service large customer-bases: finance and banking, travel, retail, Government, telecoms, media and utilities.
According to industry analysts, The Kelsey Group, the Vicorp.xMP Media Engine is significantly ahead of the competition in terms of its seamless integration with legacy telephone networks. It provides customers with a painless migration path from circuit-switched voice to an IP-powered, feature-rich architecture.
Brendan Treacy, CEO at Vicorp, says: “With our 20-year history in carrier-grade telephony, Vicorp has come up with an effective migration path to bring IP flexibility into today’s PSTN world. The Vicorp.xMP Media Engine is the result of this pedigree, a comprehensive tool kit for building and delivering multimedia applications that is 12 months ahead of the competition and is designed for a very long lifecycle.”
The Vicorp.xMP Media Engine delivers the following key features and benefits for businesses:
One common hardware and software engine for multiple interactive voice, data, graphics and video services
-Reduces telecoms infrastructure costs through a converged IP network
-Enhances existing services by adding multimedia applications
-Enables customers to build new revenue streams
-Allows customers to improve their own customer service – reducing cost per customer interaction
-Build-your-own and pre-packaged solutions (e.g. with VPN, Freephone and other applications)
-Allows customers to bring new solutions to market quickly and cost-effectively·
-Removes from the customer the time-consuming details of network interfaces, grammar languages etc
-Gives the customer complete flexibility to create the solution that suits its unique needs
-Carrier-grade, fault-tolerant solution
-Delivers the highest standards of reliability and seamless scalability
-Based on standard software technology and telephony platforms
-Makes cost-efficient use of a company’s existing resources
-Uses best-of-breed technologies for maximum reliability
- Vicorp is a leading multimedia platform and applications company supplying corporates and telcos across Europe, Asia and North America
- The company’s Media Engine solutions help customers cut interactive telephony infrastructure costs by up to 30% in real terms, increase revenues by enhancing existing telephony services and bring new services to market faster
- Headquartered in the UK, Vicorp has offices across Europe, Asia and the US
- Its partners include Hewlett Packard (platinum partner), Cisco (top 10 voice partner), SandCherry (media server specialist) and SpeechWorks (global partner for voice technologies)
- Its worldwide clients include Bell Canada, NTT, TeleDanmark, Entel, Scandinavian Airlines System and ABN Amro Bank
- Founded in 1981, Vicorp has been at the heart of developments in convergence for over 20 years, launching the UK’s first CTI and web-enabled call centre solutions
For further information, please visit: http://www.vicorp.com
For more information, contact:
Nelson Bostock Communications
Rob Haslam /Caroline Howlett
PH: + 44 (0) 20 7229 4400
EMAIL: email@example.com /
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nelson Bostock Unlimited in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.