O2 today announced a new version of its groundbreaking xda. From 15th November 2002, the xda will come with 64MB RAM of memory as standard - doubling the 32MB RAM of memory previously available.
To coincide with the launch of the new xda, O2 will be running a Christmas promotion. From 15th November 2002 until 31st December 2002, customers will be able to buy the xda at a reduced price of £299. For this price, customers simply commit to a 12-month voice calling plan and add a "data bundle" for data usage on the xda. This data bundle costs £12 per month which includes 5MB of free data.
Customers who prefer to pay for data as they use it can also take advantage of the £299 price tag. They simply choose a voice calling plan and pay for their data by the MB (£2.35 per MB for higher value voice calling plans or £5 per MB for basic voice calling plans).
Customers who already have a mobile phone voice calling plan with another UK network can purchase the xda for £399 by committing to a stand-alone data bundle of £15 per month which includes 5MB of free data. In this instance, the xda can still be used to make voice calls which are charges at a flat rate of 25 pence per minute.
Table of prices available on request
Xda - key features and benefits
* One integrated device rather than a separate pda and mobile phone.
* Unrestricted, colour access to the Internet - wherever you are.
* The ability to send, receive and manage email on the move.
* The ability to make and receive calls whilst online.
* 'Always on' functionality thanks to GPRS connection.
* Microsoft ®Windows ®Powered Pocket PC 2002, Phone Edition software including:
Microsoft ® Outlook ®, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, and MSN ®Messenger.
* A colour touch-sensitive screen for complete ease of use
* Internet browsing. Access to all web sites on the Internet.
* Dual-band with hands-free and speaker phone.
* Synchronisation via a USB connection and docking cradle.
* Access to unique content developed for the xda.
* Personal Information Management (contact lists, banking information,
About O2 UK
* The business operations of mmO2 plc are branded O2.
* O2 (UK) Ltd has nearly 11.2 million customers (end June 2002), of which 33% are contract and the remainder pre-pay. The proportion of service revenues generated by data usage has doubled in the last year, with 14.1% achieved for the three months to end June 2002. The number of SMS messages handled by O2 UK has more than doubled year on year to 3.9 billion.
* O2 UK's GSM network, including GPRS capability, covers over 99% of the population and approximately 90% of the UK by land area, and comprises over 9,000 base stations.
* O2 UK was the first mobile network in the world to have launched and rolled-out commercial GPRS services. Work is underway to develop its future 3G network capability, including a special agreement with T-Mobile for constructive infrastructure sharing for the roll-out of 3G coverage.
* The company has 211 O2 retail stores located across the UK, plus a 40% shareholding in The Link Stores Limited.
* International roaming agreements with 320 networks allow our customers to receive and make calls in 138 countries. Additionally, O2 customers are now able to roam with GPRS in 19 countries.
* O2 UK became the first UK mobile operator to achieve registration to BSEN: ISO 14001, the international environmental standard. The main theme of the standard is continual environmental improvement and endorses our commitment to the positive protection of the environment.
For further information contact:
Simon Mustoe/Tim Banks, Midnight Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, + 44 (0) 20 7232 4507
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Except where expressly indicated, it may not necessarily represent the views of Midnight Communications. This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee(s) and we ask that any unauthorised recipient advise the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Midnight Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.