IN-FUSIO'S GAMES SERVICE TO BE LAUNCHED WITH ORANGE UK ON WORLD'S FIRST DEDICATED GAMES PHONE: SAGEM myG-5
- Tri-partnership Gives Users Unique Mobile Game Experience -
Bordeaux, France, November 6th, 2002 - Orange UK, IN-FUSIO and Sagem UK, today announced that Orange UK customers will soon be able to download games on the world's first dedicated mobile games phone - the Sagem myG-5.
The myG-5 is equipped with a console like easy-to-use cross-shaped keypad which will be familiar to regular game players as well as an impressive 101 X 80 pixel colour screen.
The myG-5 also supports iMelody 1.2, Midi and Wav audio formats, has musical Hi-Fi ringtones, and built-in hands free.
Powering the myG-5 is IN-FUSIO's downloadable games engine - ExEn, which provides an intuitive 'one-click' games catalogue feature and has been fully optimised for mobile games written in Java. IN-FUSIO's game classic Wallbreaker is already embedded and a further catalogue* of nine colour games are available soon for download, including the first 3D game for mobile phones - Mission 3D. The games catalogue is renewable and will change as new games become available. Once games have been downloaded (from start to finish this takes on av. three minutes) they are available for playing 'off-line'.
IN-FUSIO's service also includes the Player Management platform which will enable Orange to monitor game activity, manage competitions, integrate billing and alert players of new games and updated features.
Giles Corbett, co-CEO, IN-FUSIO, said: "This is the first time an operator, a handset manufacturer and mobile game service provider have joined forces to deliver a dedicated mass market mobile game experience. This landmark offering represents an exciting stage in the development of mobile value-added services."
Steve Sutton, managing director, Sagem Communication UK Ltd. said: "Sagem is continually developing innovative and practical mobile handset solutions, the Sagem myG-5 is an excellent example of this. Exciting and dynamic mobile games combined with ease-of-use gives customers the compelling event they need in order to up-grade their handset. Clearly, Sagem is leading the way."
James Kaye, UK Games Manager at , Orange UK, said: "The innovation of the Sagem myG5 combined with IN-FUSIO's downloadble games service will give Orange customers the most immersive experience in mobile gaming and reinforce Orange's position as the leading network for wirefree(tm) entertainment."
Note to editor:
*Orange mobile game catalogue:
Mission 3D, WallBreaker, IF Racing, Football Fans, Crazy Cobra, Panko, Malibu Ride, Crazy Pet 2, Roller Kid and Kung Fu Legend
Photograpy of myG-5 and game screen shots available on request
Hands free, vibrate alert, IRDA, GPRS 4+1, GSM 900, 1800 - EGSM, EMS (R5), IRDA predictive text,
programmable softkeys, weight - 92g, size - 15x46x20mm, standby - 240h, talktime - 4h, colour screen size - 101x80 pixels, phone book up to 300 names, redial list up to 20, animated screensavers, wallpaper, musical Hi-Fi ringtones, supported picture formats (bmp, jpeg, png and gif), audio formats (iMelody 1.2, Midi and Wav)
IN-FUSIO is a mobile games service provider. Created in August 1998, it was the first to launch the concept of games for mobile phones. Today, IN-FUSIO is Europe's leader in downloadable games, providing a global gaming service to mobile operators. IN-FUSIO total gaming solution comprises:
. Gamezilla platform services (provide and operate the platform in ASP mode),
. Access to IN-FUSIO's games catalogue (continually updated games portfolio),
. Player Management (stimulate traffic).
The company has reinforced its market leading position thanks to its downloadable games, made possible with the ExEn.
Every month over 1 million game sessions are played and paid!
Today, IN-FUSIO's services increase the ARPU of operators by up to 8%!
IN-FUSIO's games are currently available through mobile operators, including Vodafone D2, Vodafone Omnitel, SFR, Orange France, Telefonica Moviles, China Mobile and Orange UK. The company also has partnerships with manufacturers such as Siemens, Panasonic, Philips, Sagem, Trium by Mitsubishi, developers (DC Studios, Handy Games, Spark, Elite, Kaolink) and licensors such as Universal and Viacom. For more: http://www.in-fusio.com
Groupe SAGEM is an internationally-based high-technology group. The second largest French group in the field of telecommunications and the third largest European company in electronics for defence and security,
SAGEM maintains a presence in more than 20 countries.
The Group's businesses are divided into two activities, namely:
· Communications. SAGEM is a major world player in mobile telephones. SAGEM, which has a strong position in the GSM and DCS mobile telephone markets in Europe and offers GSM and DCS lines in Asia and PCS lines in Latin America, is developing a flood of innovations based on the new communications technologies (colour mobile phones, WAP, GPRS, wireless PDAs, radiocommunication modules and modems, etc.). European leader in digital television (satellite, cable and terrestrial Internet set-top boxes with built-in hard disk) and European Number 1 in fax, SAGEM is also a dominant force in Internet terminals (web.fax, multifunction Internet terminals and DECT, all equipped with the SMS function) and networks: business networks, infrastructure and fast Internet access networks using copper, optical or radio transmission technologies.
SAGEM is also active in power cables, from low voltage to very high voltage, and in telecommunications cables, copper, LAN, fibre optics.
* Orange, wirefree and any other Orange product or service referred to in this release are trademarks of Orange.
* Orange provides a broad range of personal communications services, including Orange GSM 1800 services and other digital cellular telephone services.
* In August 2000 Orange plc was acquired by France Telecom, leading to the creation of one of Europe's leading mobile operators. The new Orange has operations in 21 countries across Europe and beyond.
* As at the end of September 2002, Orange had over 13.1 million customers in the UK, 18.8 million in France and approximately 43.2 million controlled customers worldwide.
* The Oftel network performance survey, published in June 2002 showed that on a percentage basis, Orange UK had more calls which were successful overall than any UK other operator. In the survey, which was audited by BABT, Orange UK was shown to have an overall call success rate of 97.8% of calls connected and completed successfully. Other networks' comparable figures were Vodafone
97.5%, O2 97.3% and T-Mobile 95.1%.
* In May 2002, the fifth annual J.D. Power and Associates UK Mobile Customer Satisfaction Study showed that Orange ranks as the number one telephone service for customer satisfaction in the contract sector.
* In September 2002 Orange UK won the Mobile Choice consumer award for Best Network. Mobile Choice said 'The majority of Orange customers were more than satisfied with the service from the UK's biggest network. Orange received glowing accolades for every aspect of its service - coverage , reliability, customer service and tariffs.
* Orange UK provides high quality coverage to 99% of the UK population and over 80% of the geographic area. Coverage is based on hand portable, unlike some other operators which choose to base their coverage on boosted car kits.
* Orange UK now offers roaming in 125 countries on 276 networks.
* Information about Orange can be found on the Orange website at http://www.orange.co.uk and media information can be found at http://www.orange.com
* For further information, call the Orange media centre on 020 7984 2000
For further Press information, please contact:
Tel: + 44 (0) 1753 889100
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MUSTARD PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.