Tripwire Advances Industry-Leading Data Integrity Assurance Product
Tripwire Inc., the Data Integrity Assurance Company, today announced version 2.5 of its award-winning software, Tripwire® for Network Devices. The new software will be available for shipping on December 3rd.
New enhancements of Version 2.5 include:
· Web-Based Management
With the powerful new Web User Interface, multiple users are able to access the software from multiple locations using today's most popular Web browsers.
· Added Device/Application Monitoring Through the Tripwire Product Resource Center
The software's ability to monitor multi-vendor devices increases with the addition of the Tripwire Product Resource Center. Customers can access "device kits" from the Resource Center that will enable them to monitor today's most popular network devices.
· Improved Reporting with Added XML Capabilities
The software has increased reporting capabilities with the addition of XML output so that the change logs of device configurations can be imported into commonly used XML reporting applications.
Tripwire for Network Devices has been tested to be compatible with international operating systems. Although the software is in English it supports native locations where appropriate.
"Quick and accurate understanding of the cause of a problem is the first requirement for minimising disruption due to network downtime," said Eric Hemmendinger, research director for security and privacy at Aberdeen Group. "Tripwire for Network Devices answers the question 'what changed?' so that network administrators can minimise the time required to locate the problem and maximise uptime for mission critical network infrastructure."
Tripwire for Network Devices assures the integrity and security of routers, switches and firewalls by immediately detecting and reporting changes to configuration files. Quick insight enables fast restoration to the desired state, with a choice of manual or automatic rollback capability. Scalable to thousands of devices from different vendors across the enterprise, management is made easy through the Web-based console.
"Boise utilises Tripwire for Network Devices for capturing detailed changes to configuration files and for providing a means of maintaining the operational integrity of distributed devices - significantly reducing our business risk," said Christie Lindberg, senior information systems engineer of Boise.
"Change, whether accidental or intentional, can waste hours of valuable staff time and result in downtime for critical systems," said Ian Tickle, UK manager at Tripwire. "Tripwire for Network Devices 2.5 assures integrity and security across a broad list of industry routers, switches and firewalls and allows for quick access to the state of your network devices from any browser in the world, saving valuable resources and providing greater peace of mind."
Tripwire for Network Devices 2.5
Tripwire for Network Devices assures the integrity and security of network devices by providing instant notification of changes to configuration files and enabling fast, automated restoration.
Heterogeneous Network Device Coverage and Scalability Assure System-Wide Integrity Management
Tripwire for Network Devices has rich support for configuration monitoring, and supports today's most commonly used routers, switches and firewalls across your network. Additional features include:
· Expanded device support within the software and on Tripwire's Web site provides a single point solution for multi-vendor device support
· Software can be easily scaled to, and managed at, the enterprise level
· Device lists for monitoring are quickly imported, minimising manual data entry
· Monitoring thousands of network devices from a Web UI for today's most commonly used
· SNMP output allows for easy monitoring from EMS consoles
Reporting and Auditing Capabilities Reduce Investigation Time
Tripwire for Network Devices notifies you within seconds if a device's configuration has drifted from a known trusted state. Additional features include:
· Side-by-side deviation analysis feature shows the exact changes in a modified file
· Colour-coding of all added, changed or deleted lines helps you zero in on changes in
· All device configuration changes are captured, establishing a change control record for IT auditing or forensic investigations
· Advanced audit logging documents all user interactions with the software
· XML-enabled output allows for detailed device changes to be imported into XML applications -
ideal for network audits and regulation compliance
Secure Software that Secures Your Network
Tripwire for Network Devices provides an integral layer in your networking security infrastructure.
Additional security features include:
· Monitors Nokia IP Security Solutions running IPSO OS, Checkpoint 4.1/NG and ISS Real Secure and Cisco PIX OS which provides lockdown type functionality
· Automatically restores critical Cisco devices back to a known good state
· SSH/SCP support - encrypted configuration file transmission
· User Lockout - the system automatically locks out users temporarily from accessing the
software after failing to authenticate multiple times in a row
· User Timeout - the system will automatically logout a user if they do not access the software within a given time frame
· Encrypted configuration file archiving
General availability of Tripwire for Network Devices 2.5 is 3rd December 2002.
Note to editors: Further technical information on Tripwire for Network Devices 2.5 is available on request.
+1 503 276 7554
Sarah Hewitt / Nicola Atkins
+44 (0) 1494 434 434
Used by companies worldwide for applications including network auditing, configuration control and
change management, disaster recovery and data forensics, Tripwire software provides a foundation for corporate information integrity and security. Tripwire software establishes a baseline of data in its desired state, detects and reports any changes to the baseline - whether internal or external, malicious or accidental -- and enables rapid discovery and remediation when an undesired change occurs.
About Tripwire Inc.
Tripwire Inc. is the Data Integrity Assurance Company. Tripwire software assures the integrity of data by establishing a baseline of data in its desired state, detecting and reporting any changes to the baseline, and ensuring rapid discovery and remediation when undesired change occurs. Tripwire is highly recommended as a Best Practice by many security advisory groups and is featured in the NSA's "60 Minute Security Guide." Tripwire customers include Global 3000 companies, e-business corporations and key public sector organizations such as Comcast, AT&T, Ernst & Young and the U.S. House of Representatives. Tripwire is headquartered in Portland, Ore., with offices in Japan, UK, France and Germany, and users in 92 countries around the world. For more information about Tripwire, please visit the company web site at http://www.tripwire.com
Tripwire, Tripwire for Network Devices 2.5 is a registered trademark of Tripwire Inc.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.