Cambridge, UK 5th December 2002. C3 has launched a fourth generation voice mail solution aimed at a wide cross section of businesses from single site SMEs to call centres, multi-site large corporates and public sector organisations.
ConsortQL is a standards-based voice mail solution that supports the latest Windows environments and utilises an SQL database. The software is scaleable to many hundreds of lines and will serve the voice mail needs of up to 100,000 subscribers on a single platform.
ConsortQL is based on C3's existing voicemail platform and incorporates a number of new features including:
* Simple-to-use administrative functions (enabling users to easily add new mailboxes and make system wide changes)
* Enhanced reporting functions (enabling administrators to easily see who is using mailboxes, who's not clearing messages etc.)
* Call queuing
* Administrative audio review options
* Visual 4Voice (C3's new visual programming language)
* The ability to send a voice mail recording to another person by email
* SMS voice mail notification (as well as phone, pager or desktop PC alerts)
* A text-to-speech option for automated prompt recording
* Manual MWI control (Enabling users to manually set or reset MWI indicators)
* Comprehensive mailbox search facilities
Customers can extend the functionality of their ConsortQL systems by turning them into true multi-application platforms. C3 provides a range of advanced telephony based applications that can be integrated with Consort QL as part of a single or multiple platform solution. These applications include:
* Pay-on-line: an automated self-service payment system that allows people to pay for goods and services with Switch and credit cards using any touch tone telephone, 24 hours per day. PayOnLine is used for prepaid phone services, enabling prepaid phone service users to top up their accounts automatically and by local authorities, allowing them to offer a self service system for paying community charges, fines or ordering parking permits over the phone
* Call Recording: C3's CallRecorder enables ad hoc recording at individual extensions and can be set to automatically record at specific times of the day, record specific CLIs etc.
* Emergency Response: The C3 Emergency Response application is designed to rapidly and efficiently mobilise a whole response team in the event of a major incident, such as fire, chemical spillage, environmental disaster, or terrorist attack. Mobilisation is actioned by sending and
receiving phone/email or SMS messages to people on a pre-defined list.
* Status Messaging: The C3 Status Messaging application gives extra protection to personnel working remotely who can sometimes be in threatening or dangerous situations. Using Status Messaging, workers can report on their current status by dialling a short code on their mobile phones which are then registered by the system. Using a mixture of time recording and message
receipts, the system monitors the progress of individual workers.
* Virtual Contact Centre: C3 provides a range of call centre applications that can seamlessly integrate voice and data applications to provide a converged communications solution, linked to existing CRM packages. Organisations can not only route calls to distributed workers but also monitor calls for billing and training purposes.
ConsortQL is SMTP-compatible providing connectivity with most major e-mail packages including MS-Mail, ccMail, Microsoft Exchange and Eudora. The application can be grown in a modular fashion, and includes Visual 4Voice, C3's new graphical programming language for building voice processing
applications. Visual 4 Voice applications include: enhanced administrative security, a new GUI Design, script templates, time-sensitive greetings, a drag-and-drop toolbox, a script verifier, DPNSS transparency, a record prompt node, an authentication node and more.
Consort QL also supports Narrator, C3's existing programming language.
C3 is a leading European supplier of Windows-based communications platforms. The company has installed over 250,000 lines of open communications technology worldwide since 1990. C3 is based in St Johns Innovation Centre, Cambridge. For more information, visit the company's Web site at
For enquiries, please call:
Susan Hunt, C3, Tel: +44 (0) 1223 427700
Michael Gray, Gray Associates Ltd. Tel: +44 (0)20 8744 9168
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Gray Associates in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.