Tripwire® For Servers and Tripwire® Manager Provide Improved Visibility and Control of Enterprise-Wide Changes Affecting Information Services
Tripwire Inc., the world leader in integrity assurance solutions, today announced the release of version 4.0 of Tripwire® for Servers and Tripwire® Manager. The 4.0 products not only provide IT security and operations departments with the ability to see all of the changes that affect their systems, but also enable rapid remediation of undesired changes with increased information about the violation.
Changes to the server or network are made regularly. The issue businesses face is managing those changes and knowing immediately if the change is unauthorised - be it from a hacker or simply an error by an internal member of staff. The Tripwire products enable absolute control and management of the whole IT infrastructure.
A significant new feature in Tripwire for Servers 4.0 is identification of 'who' made an internal change. To ensure the integrity of IT processes, it is necessary to know with certainty whether or not the change was intended or approved. Often this requires knowing who made the change and whether or not they were authorised to do so. Identifying who made the change makes Tripwire for Servers 4.0 a critical component for ensuring effective change management processes.
Additional features in the Tripwire 4.0 products include improved reporting functions; policy file creation and management; mass change updates; creation of 'golden' baselines; and product management functionality.
"Tripwire 4.0 software supports our continued commitment to providing the very best integrity assurance solutions today," said Wyatt Starnes, founder, president and CEO of Tripwire. "Using Tripwire software is the only way to know unequivocally, if, how and when important changes have occurred on your networks. Additionally, 4.0 indicates who made the change, making it easier for security and operations to assure the integrity of servers across the network."
Tripwire for Servers establishes the foundation of system integrity for servers across the network. The software records a baseline of data in its desired state, detects and reports changes to the baseline and enables rapid discovery and remediation when an undesired change occurs. Tripwire Manager enables secure, centralised management of Tripwire for Servers installations across the enterprise. Tripwire software can be used for network auditing, configuration control and change management, disaster recovery and data forensics.
Key feature upgrades to the Tripwire 4.0 releases include:
· Identification of 'who' made the change - Identifying the user in this way improves system auditing and change management functions and also provides a mechanism to link specific changes to individual users for follow up or forensics.
· Creation of 'Golden' Baselines -Tripwire Manager 4.0 provides a more efficient mechanism to create a desired 'golden' baseline to be distributed and compared against a number of machines.
· Improved Policy Creation and Management - Tripwire has simplified maintaining and creating policy files with the addition of a graphical policy editor and creation feature as well as newly added wildcard support. Policy files are now easier to set up and customise according to which data or systems are most critical.
· Improved Mass Change Update - To identify whether matching files have been changed or installed on a large number of machines, a user can now quickly identify and approve them within the 'Object' tab of the report viewer in Tripwire Manager, making updating mass changes from new software deployments or patch updates easier.
· Enhanced Management Features - Tripwire Manager includes an improved interface for the management of a large number of machines, including intuitive violation reporting, multi-level machine grouping and email notification of downed agents for increased productivity.
General availability of Tripwire for Servers and Tripwire Manager 4.0 is 1 May 2003.
Sarah Hewitt / Nicola Atkins
+44 (0)1494 434 434
About Tripwire, Inc.
Tripwire Inc. is the world leader in integrity assurance solutions. Tripwire software assures the integrity of data by establishing a baseline of data in its desired state, detecting and reporting any changes to the baseline, and ensuring rapid discovery and remediation when undesired change occurs. Tripwire is highly recommended as a Best Practice by many security advisory groups, and is featured in the NSA's "60 Minute Security Guide." Tripwire customers include Global 3000 companies, e-business corporations, and key public sector organisations such as Intuit, AT&T, Ernst & Young and the U.S. House of Representatives. Tripwire is headquartered in Portland, Ore., with offices in Japan, UK and France, and users in 92 countries around the world. For more information about Tripwire, please visit the Web site at http://www.tripwire.com/uk
Tripwire is a registered trademark of Tripwire Inc.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.