Flagship Event Draws More Than 3000 Customers and Partners; Hyperion Announces New Products that Drive Accountability Across the Organization
LAS VEGAS—HYPERION SOLUTIONS 2003 CONFERENCE—May 5, 2003—Hyperion (Nasdaq: HYSL), the global leader in Business Performance Management software, this week drew more than 3,000 customer and partner attendees to its annual Solutions Conference, held today through May 7 at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. This year’s event, themed “Power to Perform,” features customers who have created highly accountable organizations built on Hyperion’s Business Performance Management solutions.
The annual Solutions conference is widely considered to be the largest assembly of Business Performance Management professionals in the world, including leaders representing the Fortune 100—88 of which are Hyperion customers. This year’s event features more than 250 sessions, most of which are being led by customers and partners describing how Hyperion is helping them create performance accountable organizations. The event also features new Hyperion products designed to help customers translate strategies into plans, monitor execution, address pressing reporting and compliance issues and provide insight on how to better manage and improve financial and operational performance.
“Last year we described a vision of Business Performance Management that was built on principles such as financial accountability, collaboration and linking strategy with execution,” said Nazhin Zarghamee, chief marketing officer at Hyperion. “This year we will show customers how to bridge financial and operational information to drive performance accountability everywhere. These are ideas that have incredible currency and are even more important today, as managers wrestle with increasingly stringent regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley and Basel II, and the continuing difficulties of a challenging economy. Business Performance Management is the right solution at the right time, and the 3000 people attending this week’s user conference are proof of that.”
“For companies struggling with today’s fluctuating economic climate, Hyperion offers solutions that enable companies to make faster, smarter business decisions and conduct real-time risk analysis, reducing the impact of marketplace changes,” said Rob Cox, director of financial planning, Erickson Retirement Communities. “By reducing time to budget and plan, linking strategy to actions, driving business results, and delivering improved financial reporting, companies are empowered to not only withstand tough times, but excel and gain a competitive advantage.”
Today’s News from Solutions
The announcements made at Solutions highlight the activities companies are employing to create performance accountable organizations, such as driving planning beyond the finance department and into other parts of the company. The product announcements being made outline Hyperion’s role in the Business Performance Management category, point out improved support for reporting requirements and industry standards, and highlight new product features that help companies drive participation, strategic alignment and accountability across the organization. This week’s announcements include new products designed to:
· Link strategy to action. The third generation of Hyperion Performance Scorecard is the most comprehensive solution available for organizations to cascade business strategy to individual scorecards and actionable goals. This latest version also combines scorecards and operational dashboards, helping individuals better manage performance to strategic goals.
· Move planning beyond finance. Hyperion customers are embracing the trend toward dynamic planning to improve forecasting accuracy through companywide participation. There were more than 60 sessions at Solutions this week describing how Hyperion’s planning solutions are helping them create a powerful process between traditional financial planning and non-financial, operations-owned planning. As a result, they are seeing an increased involvement in the planning process, dramatically improved accuracy and a spike in employee motivation and accountability to reach and achieve the goals they’ve helped set.
· Monitor performance in real-time. Management dashboards gain momentum with thousands of Hyperion customers who are relying on them to help drive performance, alignment and accountability across their organizations, and gain the critical insight required for better decision-making enterprise-wide.
- more -
· Deliver compliance-readiness. Pre-packaged support for Sarbanes-Oxley is now available through Hyperion Financial Management, and is designed to help customers quickly and efficiently meet the requirements mandated by the new law. The solution includes support for the key elements of Sarbanes-Oxley, including CEO and CFO certification, internal control reporting, U.S. auditing standards and accelerated reporting cycles.
· Improve financial reporting capabilities. Hyperion expects support for the new XBRL Web-based specification to become a key feature of Hyperion’s financial reporting and compliance solutions when the latest version of the specification is finalized. Hyperion has been driving the XBRL standard through its participation in the XBRL consortium and XBRL International for more than three years, and expects to be a key player in the industry in creating products and solutions utilizing the reporting language.
Hyperion is earning accolades from third party experts and analysts for its leadership in defining Business Performance Management. For instance last month, META Group announced that Hyperion’s Business Performance Management Suite was a leader in the first-ever SPEX Business Performance Management evaluation, marking the company’s fourth consecutive year of garnering high marks in a SPEX evaluation.
The Hyperion Annual Solutions User Conference is being held at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada from May 4 through May 7, 2003.
Hyperion is the global leader in Business Performance Management software that enables companies to translate strategies into plans, monitor execution and provide insight to improve financial and operational performance. More than 6,000 customers worldwide use Hyperion's Business Performance Management family of packaged and tailored applications and its leading business intelligence platform. Hyperion has a network of more than 330 partners to provide innovative and specialized Business Performance Management solutions and services.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Hyperion generated annual revenues of $492 million in fiscal 2002. The company employs more than 2,100 people in 20 countries and is represented in 16 additional countries through distributor relationships. Hyperion is traded under the Nasdaq symbol HYSL. For more information, please visit www.hyperion.com/uk, e-mail email@example.com or call 01784 228015.
# # #
Tel: (020) 8762 9292
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this press release other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements concerning the potential success of anticipated product features, the anticipated product offerings and the potential market opportunities for business performance management software. Such statements constitute anticipated outcomes and do not assure results. Actual results may differ materially from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, but not limited to the company's ability to retain and attract key employees, the successful and timely development of new products, the impact of competitive products and pricing, customer demand, and technological shifts. For a more detailed discussion of factors that could affect the company's performance and cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements, interested parties should review t
he company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Report on Form 10-K filed on September 25, 2002 and the Report on Form 10-Q filed on February 7, 2003. The company does not undertake an obligation to update its forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
Hyperion is a registered trademark of Hyperion Solutions Corporation. All other trademarks and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Object Marketing in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.