AGI Conference at GeoSolutions 2003: 16-18 September 2003, London, UK
London, 19 May 2003. The practical application and business use of Geographic Information (GI) for commercial property, retail, risk management and general business will be highlighted at this yearsAGI Conference, held in association with the GeoSolutions 2003 event. The exhibition and conference will run be held at Earls Court, London UK from the 16 18th September 2003.
High profile experts from leading associations, the industry and government will focus on the implementation of GI solutions for these sectors on the second and third days of the conference. They will present sessions for property and risk managers regarding ways to improve yield from a property portfolio and reducing cost and increasing efficiency for improved business performance.
The business angle of the sessions will be complemented by the plenary session on Wednesday, 17 September entitled Technology, Enabling Business Improvement and will be chaired by David Schell, President, OGC. The panel of experts for the second day's plenary will include Preetha Pulusani, President of Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions; Martin Daly, Technical Director, Cardsorp; David Maguire, Product Director, ESRI; Juan Rada, Senior Vice-President, Oracle Industries EMEA and Rik Temmink, EMEA Group Business Development Manager ¡V Microsoft MapPoint, Microsoft.
The details of the property & risk management focussed conference days are as follows:-
Session 3: Qualifying Customers, Quantifying Risk. Chair: Nigel Lang, Managing Director, Catalist.
„h Geographic Information Enabling Business Improvement ¡V Keith Widdop, Business Metrics Analyst, Thomas Cook,
„h Quantifying Flood Risk for Insurance Purposes ¡V Jill Boulton, Pricing Manager ¡V Special Projects, Norwich Union,
Flood Risk Management - John Gray, Managing Director, Richards Gray.
Session 1: Hot Property! Chair: Richard Bullard, RICS Geomatics President, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Mapping the market: Using GIS to visualise the dynamics of property value Mark Thurstain-Goodwin, Director, Geofutures,
- Union Railways Property Land Terrier and Title Management System Jeff Owen, Geo-AID Ltd/Union Railway Property,
- Geographic Information and the Commercial Property Company Duncan Jones, Senior Analyst, CB Hillier Parker.
Session 2: G-Commerce. Chair: John Glover, Head of Sales and Marketing, iNovem.
- Successful Public/Private Collaboration for High Volume, Automated, Information and E-Information Services to the Public, Business and Commercial Markets Stephen Pennell, ICT Manager, The Coal Authority,
- Opening up access to Planning Appeals Richard Goodwin, Planning Portal Director & Graham Saunders, Director of Planning Appeals, The Planning Inspectorate,
- What is the user prepared to pay for? A client¡¦s perspective! - Richard Dinning, Chairman, Enact Direct Legal Solutions.
Nick Chapallaz, AGI Conference Chair commented, These risk management and property focussed conference days will give delegates who work within these sectors a forum to come and discuss the latest industry issues, listen to workable solutions, and take away practical advice & information that can be implemented into their own business.
- We are delighted to have attracted so many high-profile experts to speak at this year's AGI Conference. They will give delegates the opportunity to hear about the best use and benefits of using GI applications and solutions for organisations within commercial property and risk management areas, Chapallaz concluded.
For further information on GeoSolutions 2003 in association with the AGI Conference please visit
http://www.geosolutions-expo.com or call +44 (0)20 7921 8544.
Notes to Editor
GeoSolutions 2003 will take place 16-18 September 2003 at Earls Court 1, London UK. GeoSolutions 2002 incorporating GIS 2002 and the AGI Conference featured over 100 exhibitors and had 3897 attendees (ABC Audited).
About CMP Information - IT & Games Division
CMPi¡¦s IT & Games division has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications for the high-tech markets. It remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its division. CMPi¡¦s current successful products include CCF (Call Centre Focus) magazine; Networks for Business, GeoSolutions, GeoNorth, Technology For Marketing incorporating Technology For Customer Service and Technology For Sales, Call Centre Expo UK, Call Center Expo Europe, ECTS, GDCE and SCoRE events; The Call Centre DataFile, Call Centre Management Yearbook, CMP Intelligent Marketing, CMP Interactive events and the Call Center Media Portal.
About the AGI
The AGI is a not-for-profit organisation representing users and vendors of GI (Geographic Information) and GIS (Geographic Information Systems). Its members include government departments and agencies, local authorities, system and data suppliers and users from a wide range of commercial sectors including retail, finance, insurance and utilities.
CMPi: Toni Cullen, Tel: +44 (0)20 7921 8518, email: email@example.com
AGI: Sallie Payne, Tel: +44 (0)20 017 8492, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Information Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.