…Leading hardware distributor to combine operations, finance, CRM and event management with one innovative system …
23 June 2003 - Strategix, a European software house dedicated to the development and rapid deployment of supply chain software for distributors, today announced that it has signed an agreement with Midwich, one of the UK's leading computer hardware distributors, to implement its OneOffice supply chain software across Midwich’s front and back office operations.
Under the terms of the deal, OneOffice, a new generation of supply chain software, will provide Midwich with one system combining operations, finance, CRM and event management. The event management and dashboard capability in OneOffice will enable Midwich to provide their people with real-time information based on the task they are working on and any related customer or supplier (e.g. recent quotes, promotional offers, order status, credit status), all in a single window.
Commenting on the announcement, Nick Pye, Managing Director of Midwich said, “In the current climate, we want to make every opportunity count and get the most value from each transaction. By listening to our requirements and working as an extension to our business, Strategix has delivered a solution that can make this possible. The OneOffice ‘dashboard’ format is easy to use and will give us real-time visibility both inside and outside our business, helping our people to make informed decisions that will further enhance customer service and increase our own productivity.“
Peter Lusty, Chief Executive of Strategix said, “We are delighted that Midwich has chosen to consolidate its investment in Strategix with the purchase of OneOffice. Strategix partners closely with customers to ensure that the solutions we develop and deliver are in line with their business needs. The Midwich contract is proof that for this market we’re spot on.”
OneOffice is a new generation of supply chain software which combines operations, finance, customer and event management in one innovative system.
This seamless approach maintains a 360° real-time view of an organisation providing information as important events occur.
Human intervention is automatically sought at critical junctures or if conditions unexpectedly change. This enables businesses to respond quickly and make informed decisions.
OneOffice has a component based design, enabling businesses to select a solution which is right for them using a single package. The OneOffice product suite includes:
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to streamline the 'back office',
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to improve service and increase sales,
• Supply Chain Event Management (SCEM) to detect and respond to critical events inside and outside the business,
• Supply Chain Management (SCM) to reduce costs and improve customer service by automating processes with customers and trading partners.
The benefits of the OneOffice approach are many, including:
• Enhanced business efficiency, with software designed to meet the unique requirements of distribution businesses
• Outstanding customer service, by ensuring that every customer contact is valuable for both parties.
• Improved responsiveness, by monitoring activities in real time and detecting opportunities and problems as they happen.
• Feedback on the business, using dashboards to deliver summarised information in real time.
• Streamlined back office, by creating an automated, low touch operation which – when conditions change – actively seeks human intervention.
• Using one database and one intuitive user interface to avoid the significant cost and risk of integrating different vendors' software products into a hybrid system.
Strategix is a leading European software house, dedicated to the development and rapid deployment of supply chain software.
We focus on the wholesale and retail distribution, logistics and service sectors where our software maximizes supply chain efficiency and accelerates customer service.
Our systems are designed for reliability, availability and performance. Our customers enjoy a rapid return on their investment and genuine competitive advantage.
Focused on key growth sectors which range from high technology to household and building products, Strategix numbers businesses such as Avnet, Azlan, Dimension Data, Eurodis, Fired Earth, Fuller Smith and Turner, Midwich, Mission Symphonix, Virgin Cars, Virgin Mobile, Westcon and William Wilson among its customers.
Midwich is a privately-owned, trade-only distributor of major brand computers, peripherals and audio-visual equipment to the UK reseller community.
Its business is conducted through three divisions: Computing, Printing & Imaging, and Audio Visual to provide focused support to customers and vendors in these markets.
Midwich's client base is made up exclusively of resellers - from corporate, value-added and mail order resellers, to retailers and service providers in the IT, office equipment, audio-visual and photographic markets.
Distributed brands include: Acer, ADI, Brother, Canon, Casio, Epson, Fujitsu General, Fujitsu-Siemens, Kodak, Kyocera, Lexmark, LG, Minolta, Minolta-QMS, NEC, Oki, Olympus, Panasonic, Pioneer, Relysis, Samsung, Sanyo and Xerox.
For more information about Midwich go to www.midwich.com.
For further information contact:
Direct dial: +44 (0) 20 7298 7138
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pleon in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.