Yellow Pages 118 24 7, today announced the launch of its first nationwide consumer marketing and advertising campaign featuring James Nesbitt, star of ITV’s ‘Cold Feet’ and BBC’s ‘Murphy’s Law’.
Yellow Pages 118 24 7 provides in-depth classified business information, as well as business and residential listings, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The national advertising campaign, created by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO, launches on 7th July and will run on national and regional radio stations throughout the UK.
John Hayward, head of consumer communications at Yell said: “Yellow Pages 118 24 7 offers consumers a simple proposition from an established brand they know and trust. The new radio adverts play on James Nesbitt’s cheeky, charming personality as he finds solutions to humorous situations through Yellow Pages 118 24 7.”
The radio campaign continues James Nesbitt’s association with Yell, complementing his appearance in the recent Yellow Pages television advertisements. The 40-second radio spots follow a similar style to the current TV ads, with James’ instantly recognisable voice using the Yellow Pages 118 24 7 telephone service to help find the number and information he needs in a variety of light-hearted scenarios:
• ‘Number’: James struggles to remember the Yellow Pages 118 24 7 number – until his friend points out that 24 7 reflects the 24 hour, 7 days-a-week nature of the service
• ‘Closing Time’: James and his friends can’t agree on what kind of restaurant to visit after a night out in an unfamiliar town – Chinese, Thai, Indian or Mexican - so they use Yellow Pages 118 24 7 to find all the suitable restaurants that are open in their area
• ‘Restaurant’: James passes a restaurant only to see his girlfriend inside with another man; he uses Yellow Pages 118 24 7 to get the number of the restaurant and end the relationship
• ‘Anniversary’: Not wanting his new girlfriend to think he had actually forgotten their first anniversary, James calls Yellow Pages 118 24 7 to find a local florist to deliver flowers to her on the special day, getting himself out of a potentially sticky situation - fast
The helpful advisers at Yellow Pages 118 24 7 provide UK consumers with more than just a number. They can also provide additional information such as opening hours, location details, prices and special offers, as well as local cinema listings and synopses - all at a simple, straightforward and competitive rate of 40p per minute*, billed by the second, with free call connection.
The advertising campaign will be supported online and by a range of Public Relations and Marketing initiatives. As part of its online activities, Yellow Pages 118 24 7 recently launched a new microsite (www.yellgroup.com/yellowpages118247) which illustrates a range of everyday scenarios where 118 24 7 can be useful. The site enables visitors to have the 118 24 7 number automatically sent to their mobile by SMS for storage and future use.
Note to Editors
Yellow Pages 118 24 7 call centre images and logos available upon request.
* Call charges from a mobile phone may vary depending on individual network operator charges
Creative agency: AMV BBDO Media Planner: PHD
Further information on Yellow Pages 118 24 7:
Yellow Pages 118 24 7 (‘one-one-eight, twenty-four, seven’) is part of Yell, the international directories business, whose products in the UK also include the Yellow Pages and Business Pages directories and Yell.com and in the US, Yellow Book USA.
Yellow Pages 118 24 7 is a new telephone information service that provides in-depth classified business information, business and residential listings, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. More than just a number, 118 24 7 provides essential business information such as opening hours, location details, prices and special offers, film times and summaries. Callers are charged the competitive rate of 40p per minute*, billed by the second, with free call connection.
For press enquiries, contact:
Claire Smither / Bruce McLachlan
Nelson Bostock Communications
PH: + 44 (0) 20 7229 4400
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nelson Bostock Unlimited in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.