* Allows carriers to generate full and accurate revenues from international traffic
* Helps resolve billing disputes between operators
London, August 27th, 2003: Intec Telecom Systems, a global leader in operations support systems (OSS) for fixed, wireless and next-generation operators, today announced the general availability of InterconnecT ITU™ version 6.0.4. The InterconnecT ITU solution combines interconnect functionality and ITU billing principles to provide international operators with a solution for rating, summarising and auditing charges to and from their international partners. InterconnecT ITU is used by many national carriers to generate revenues amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars every year. Current customers include Telecom Egypt, Senegal’s Sonatel, Swisscom AG, and Latvia’s Lattelekom.
Highlights of v.6.0.4 include new functionality that enables summary level re-rating of ITU based calls for improved billing accuracy, automated account processing and archive and restore capabilities that increase operational efficiency, and overall general usability and maintenance enhancements to streamline processes.
Although interconnect accounting and settlement based on ITU principles is a long-established function, and a major export revenue earner for operators, it remains a problematic area for many companies. The sums involved are often very substantial, and disputes between operators can be difficult and expensive to resolve. As a result, many operators, particularly from smaller countries, are not able to generate the full amount of revenue that they are entitled to.
"InterconnecT ITU v.6.0.4 builds on the huge success of previous versions," said Kevin Adams, CEO, Intec Telecom Systems. "The new functionality introduced in 6.0.4 is based on direct input from Intec’s global customer base and will enable major service providers around the world to reduce costs and assure ITU-based revenues. We believe that InterconnecT ITU is the only fully-functional, fully-supported ITU solution available to international carriers.”
InterconnecT ITU version 6.0.4 is available immediately.
The latest version of InterconnecT ITU improves the throughput and usability of Intec’s existing product with the launch of new functionality and user enhancements. This includes the addition of a Summary Level Re-Rating feature that allows users to quickly and efficiently re-rate calls in response to rate changes. The Re-rating functionality supports all available rate types, including:
· Total Accounting Rates
· Transit Rates
· Special Deals or Confidential Rates
· InterconnecT rates
Re-rating is also available for a selection of summarisation criteria including charge types, franchise, billing methods, destination of county and country of origin. Best of all, users can schedule the Summary Level Re-Rate option to run as and when required as well as monitor the processing of the Re-rate request.
Another addition is the Automated Accounting Processing feature that automates the input of information surrounding inbound calls. This includes automatic format validation (mapping), registration, data translation, data validation and storage of inbound declaration files on the InterconnecT ITU database. In addition, outbound declarations and refile invoices can now be produced for electronic submission.
Other new functionality available in v.6.0.4 include:
· Automated Archive and Restore to allow successfully priced CDRs and other historical data to be archived, restored, exported or purged from the system.
· Enhancements to Batch Control to support Archive and Restore, Outgoing Account, and Settlement Statement transient programs.
· Message logging to enable users to control the logging level of an instance of a program currently executing and the logging level of future executions of that program.
· InterconnecT ITU standard Reports that offer various summary information including Electronic accounting File reports, electronic account detail reporting and electronic account ITU detail reporting.
V.6.0.4’s new functionality is complemented by additional user and maintenance enhancements including a Translation loader to expedite the creation of translation records for automated accounts. These translation records are used to validate data received on electronic files. Other improvements include:
· InterconnecT Standard Reports. New columns have been added to all report types to indicate whether the account was processed electronically or manually. The report layout has been revised for increased readability.
· Total Accounting Rate. The system has been modified to ensure the rate unit quantity is always greater than 1. Errors with regard to date validation when authorizing records have been corrected.
· Settlements Statement processing has been enhanced to allow the settlement statement to be printed without having to first validate the content via the online. The settlement statement batch process can now be scheduled.
· CDR Mapping. The CDR Mapping process has been extended to include file mapping for electronic accounts.
· List Error Types. The List Error Types window has been enhanced to display whether the error is recoverable, the source of the error and the severity of the error.
About Intec Telecom Systems
Intec Telecom Systems is an award-winning worldwide Operations Support Systems (“OSS”) vendor for fixed, mobile and next-generation networks (ie. WLAN, 3G and IP), with more than 330 customers for its products worldwide. Founded in 1997, Intec was listed on the London Stock Exchange (Code: ITL.L) in June 2000. Intec is the market leader in intercarrier billing systems and convergent mediation software, and a recent winner of the 2003 Global Billing Award – Best Overall Contribution, and Telestrategies ‘2003 Mediation Excellence Award’. Intec’s portfolio includes:
· Inter-mediatE™ - convergent mediation solution
· InterconnecT™ - intercarrier billing including US CABS and ITU
· Inter-activatE™ - flow-through provisioning and activation
· Inter-contenT™ - end-to-end content revenue management
· Intec Dynamic Charging Platform™ – a real-time pre/post-paid charging interface between the network and the back office
Intec’s customer base includes, among others, BellSouth, BellSouth Peru, Brazil Telecom, Cable & Wireless, Cesky Telecom (Czech Republic), COLT Telecommunications, EBT (Taiwan), Eircom (Ireland), France Telecom, Hutchison 3G, Maxis (Malaysia), Singtel Optus (Australia), Orange, Telecom Argentina, Telecom Egypt, Telecom Italia, TPSA (Poland), Swisscom, T-Mobile International, Telia (Sweden), Telkom South Africa, Telstra, US Cellular, Ukraine Mobile Communications, Westel (Hungary), Vodafone, VimpelCom (Russia) and Verizon. For more information on Intec Telecom Systems, visit the website at http://www.intec-telecom-systems.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Intec Telecom Systems in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.