Welwyn Garden City, Herts 22nd September, 2003 — Itheon, automated infrastructure management specialists, announced today that they have launched their premier solution - Itheon Availability Management (iAM) - a web based, modular solution designed to integrate the monitoring and management of applications, databases, servers, networks and storage within a single, flexible, end-to-end solution.
iAM has been developed to ensure high availability and visibility of all the key IT components within an IT infrastructure. In this way iAM can give a complete view of Business Services (often known as Business Processes) and the impact of IT component failure on business productivity. As a result, iAM is ideally suited to also help with Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance. The wealth of infrastructure management data it gathers can be presented through a wide variety of graphing and reporting options via a web browser interface.
The modules that make up iAM can be utilised individually, to match a specific business need or as part of the whole integrated solution
Paul Roxan, Managing Director "Traditional IT infrastructure management solutions have tended to focus on individual aspects such as servers or applications in isolation. As a result, it has proved difficult to understand the full impact of system failure on the business itself". Paul continues "We developed iAM to provide a service oriented view via a centralised portal for event and performance data reporting on the health and availability of the whole IT infrastructure".
Below are the individual modules that comprise iAM:
· iAM:TotalView - A Business Service View (Business Process View) – showing the relationship between the availability of key business services and the component parts of an IT infrastructure.
· iAM:QoS - Quality of Service (Business Service Response Time Monitoring)- measures the actual response times being achieved when users make requests for particular IT based business services - to determine the actual Quality of Service users are receiving and whether it falls within an agreed SLA.
· iAM:Servers and iAM:Applications - Server and Application Management – Built upon RoboMon technology – using intelligent agents to proactively monitor and manage mission-critical servers and applications using automated fault correction rules.
· iAM:Networks - Network Monitoring - The Network module of iAM addresses the general health and status of a network including bandwidth utilisation, traffic and device monitoring.
· iAM:Storage - Monitoring – (SAN and NAS) using a variety of techniques to monitor storage, including SNMP polling and traps of the storage components (including network, switches/devices).
The primary purpose of iAM is to ensure high reliability and high availability of the key components of an IT infrastructure. By ensuring a robust environment for mission-critical applications, iAM helps to minimise IT downtime and helps to maintain high end-user productivity.
IT infrastructures, like the businesses they support, evolve over time. iAM is designed to easily cope with these changes. And being modular, it is a simple process to incorporate the new modules needed to deliver the extra functionality and control you require as your business grows.
ROI and TCO:
One of the biggest inhibitors to implementing any monitoring and management solution is the time and cost involved in installing and configuring it to support your particular IT infrastructure.
To overcome this, iAM is self-configuring so that, upon installation, it can automatically identify which servers, applications, network and storage devices to monitor. And with iAM it is possible to start receiving meaningful infrastructure data in less than 30 minutes of installation and thus quickly deliver a Return On your Investment.
Because of its auto-discovery and auto-configuration functionality, iAM dynamically adapts as new components are added or old ones are removed in response to changes in the business. This reduces the downstream Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Itheon specialises in high availability, performance management and Automated Service Level Management (ASLM) for applications, systems, networks, and storage management, offering their customers a proven fast time to value. With over 15 years experience in automating the monitoring and management of IT infrastructures, Itheon understands the importance of relating IT to the business, and today many of Itheon's world-class customers such as Vodafone, Reuters, Yell, Cap Gemini, Anite and many more are using Itheon products to deliver robust business solutions. Itheon is a registered Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and works closely with HP and IBM offering their customers a 'best-of-breed' integrated solution. Itheon has its Headquarters in Welwyn Garden City, Herts UK and offices in Woerden, Netherlands, together with a distributed network of resellers worldwide. For more information, please visit www.itheon.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Itheon Networks Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.