Slimline Desktop Appliance Platform Delivers Flexibility to Small Offices, Branch Offices, Remote Offices, and Telecommuters
London, UK – October 27, 2003 – SonicWALL, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNWL), a leading provider of integrated Internet security solutions, today announced the TZ 170, a total security platform that combines ease of use with flexibility to meet the changing needs of small- and medium-sized networks. Running the SonicOS 2.0 operating system in either Standard or Enhanced versions, the SonicWALL TZ 170 platform offers simplicity and ease of use for basic networks, while advanced features like ISP Fail-Over and Load Balancing provide complete business continuity for more complex networks.
“With this one announcement, SonicWALL addresses the needs of both small and medium businesses as well as large, distributed enterprises,” said Charles Kolodgy, IDC research director, Security Products. “The TZ 170 meets remote office/branch office needs from an enterprise point of view, and satisfies requirements for ease of deployment and network headroom often found in small and medium network deployments.”
Ease of Use for Simple Networks, Flexibility for Complex Networks
The TZ 170 ships with the Sonic OS 2.0 Standard operating system and features an easy-to-use graphical Web interface and powerful wizards for rapid deployment in simple networks. Comprehensive central management capabilities in SonicOS 2.0 Standard ensure ease of administration.
Sonic OS 2.0 Enhanced is an optional upgrade that provides advanced features for more complex network environments. Tools such as ISP Fail-Over ensure business continuity by allowing multiple WAN links for redundancy, while Object-Based Management and Policy-Based NAT give network administrators greater control over network design and automatic policy enforcement.
“Small and medium networks can be found in companies of all sizes; what varies is the complexity of the network architecture,” said Douglas Brockett, SonicWALL vice president of worldwide marketing. “With the SonicWALL TZ 170, any business can benefit from choice: easy to use, simple network deployments with SonicOS Standard, or flexible and highly manageable deployments with SonicOS Enhanced. The scalability of the TZ 170 makes it the ideal security solution for growing networks.”
Featuring a slimline hardware design, the TZ 170 includes seven Ethernet interfaces. In SonicOS Standard, an Optional port functions as a second LAN port for small offices, or as a WorkPort, to create a ‘trusted zone’ of security between the corporate network and the home network for telecommuters. In SonicOS Enhanced, the Optional Port can serve as a second WAN interface or a second LAN security zone. A tightly integrated System-on-a-Chip (SOC) processor provides the power to add applications to the appliance and delivers hardware accelerated AES and 3DES encryption, yielding over 90 Mbps firewall performance and over 30 Mbps VPN throughput.
Additional Benefits of the TZ 170 Series Include:
· Scalable, Integrated Security Solution – The integrated, stateful-packet inspection firewall and IPSec VPN appliance is available in 10, 25 and Unrestricted node versions and supports SonicWALL Content Filtering Service and enforced Anti-Virus for total security.
· Ease of Use and Management – SonicOS 2.0 Standard features a streamlined user interface with powerful wizards for ease of deployment, and comprehensive central management options.
· Industry-Leading Performance – A powerful, integrated System-on-a-Chip (SOC) processor brings exceptional performance, and coupled with increased memory, provides headroom for future software applications.
· Complete Business Continuity – Advanced features in SonicOS 2.0 Enhanced (including ISP Fail-Over, WAN-WAN Redundancy, and WAN Load Balancing) provide total reliability and business continuity in the event of an ISP failure.
· Total Flexibility – Seven Ethernet interfaces, including an Optional Port and a five-port auto-MDIX LAN Switch, allow for ease of cabling.
· Support for SonicOS Enhanced -- Policy-Based NAT and Object-Based Management features in Sonic OS Enhanced give network administrators in more complex network environments additional levels of control and flexibility in network design.
The SonicWALL TZ 170 can be managed remotely as part of a multi-firewall and VPN environment through an integrated Web interface, or using SonicWALL’s award-winning Global Management System (GMS). The TZ 170 platform also supports SonicWALL ViewPoint 2.0 monitoring and reporting software, designed to provide administrators of small and medium networks enhanced visibility into the security and productivity of their networks.
Pricing and Availability
The SonicWALL TZ 170 total security platform is now available through SonicWALL distribution channels in 10-Node, 25-Node and Unrestricted-Node configurations. List prices start at £360. For more information, please visit the SonicWALL web site at www.sonicwall.com/products/index.html.
About SonicWALL, Inc.
SonicWALL, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated Internet security appliances offering access security, transaction security and security services for the enterprise, e-commerce, SMB, education, healthcare and government markets. Core technologies include firewall, VPN, SSL, high availability, anti-virus, and content filtering. Together, these products and technologies provide the most comprehensive Distributed Security Architecture available. SonicWALL, Inc. is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. SonicWALL trades on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol SNWL. For more information, contact SonicWALL at +44 (0)1344 668090 or visit the company Web site at http://www.sonicwall.com.
For Additional Information Contact:
SonicWALL UK, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 (0)1344 668090
Write Angle Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 8868 4101
Mobile: +44 (0)7775 655363
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Write Angle Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.