In many households the children are the computer experts, which can make it difficult for parents to monitor and control what their kids do online.
But while computer-savvy kids might be able to conceal some of their online tracks, such as any inappropriate Web sites they've visited or online chats with strangers, they often can't hide changes in their behaviour that could tip off parents that something is amiss.
CyberPatrol, developers of the leading parental control software used in homes, schools and libraries, has compiled a parents' checklist of signals that could show children are flirting with high-tech trouble:
· Hiding computer CDs and disks.
· A quick change of what's on the computer screen when someone enters the room.
· Spending too much time on the Internet or being online late into the night.
· Changes in behaviour, for example: secretiveness, inappropriate sexual knowledge, mention of adults you don't know and sleeping problems.
· Neglecting school assignments, avoiding normal social activities or withdrawing from the family.
· The Internet browser history is empty.
· Finding pornographic or encrypted files on the computer.
· Your child receives letters, e-mails or gifts from someone you don't know.
· You find an extra Internet account on the computer.
· Your credit card statement lists charges identified only as "Web site."
CyberPatrol software, developed by SurfControl, the world leaders in Web and e-mail filtering company headquartered in Congleton, Cheshire, helps parents to manage children’s usage by limiting Internet access time, blocking harmful sites and chat rooms and preventing kids from divulging their identity and personal information.
For more details or a free trial of CyberPatrol software, visit: http://www.cyberpatrol.com/go/safesurfing.
CyberPatrol is the market leading parental control software from SurfControl, the world’s number one Web and E-mail filtering company. CyberPatrol is relied upon and trusted by parents, schools, and libraries around the world to protect children online. Launched in 1995, CyberPatrol was one of the first software solutions to overcome the pitfalls involved with Internet access in the new online era.
From the start CyberPatrol’s parental control software was specifically developed to help protect children online, as it was recognised the threat existed for inappropriate material to be available through the click of a mouse. CyberPatrol, therefore, was created as an easy to use yet technically sophisticated software tool to guard children from the many online dangers that exist where they have Internet access.
A strong commitment exists to continue to invest in the technologies required to ensure that CyberPatrol is the most comprehensive parental control software solution. This work is recognised by the many parent and computer magazines that regularly recommend CyberPatrol as their product of choice for online safety. For further information and news on CyberPatrol, please visit http://www.cyberpatrol.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Context PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.