A £25 bonus is being offered to anyone who applies successfully for an Alliance & Leicester Premier Current Account via the bank's website at www.alliance-leicester.co.uk.
The £25 is on top of the standard Premier benefits - which include free annual worldwide travel insurance worth about £80, an overdraft rate of 0% for 12 months and a credit interest rate of 2.12% AER.
Ewan Edwards, Head of Current Accounts at Alliance & Leicester, said: "Our £25 offer to internet users may catch the eye but applicants will soon find the value of the other Premier benefits quickly mount up, too. In fact, we reckon a customer switching from one of the 'Big Four' will typically save around £140 within the first 12 months of opening a Premier account*."
For anyone wishing to switch to a better account, the following Premier Current Account benefits are available at no monthly fee to anyone paying in a minimum of £500 per month.
* 2.12% interest AER (variable) on credit balances plus access to a linked savings account paying 4.0% interest (gross AER) on balances of £1 or over
* 0% authorised overdraft up to £2,500 for 12 months - followed by a 'best buy' rate of 6.9% EAR for both authorised and unauthorised overdrafts
* Free annual worldwide travel insurance worth up to £80 pa (for ALL account holders up to 65 years of age)
* No monthly fee when funded with £500 or more each month
* A pre-approved MoneyBack Plus credit card
* All the usual features you would expect from a modern bank account including telephone and internet banking
* Access to your cash at over 16,500 Post Offices and over 40,000 ATMs
* Preferential mortgage deals and loan rates
* Moneyback deals on Legal & General investments
For further information on Alliance & Leicester's Premier Current Account, visit a local Alliance & Leicester branch, call 0500 95 95 95 or go online at www.alliance-leicester.co.uk.
- ENDS -
* Saving of £140 assumes account is £1,550 in credit for 26 weeks, £500 overdrawn for 26 weeks at 0% (introductory rate for 12 months) and free annual travel insurance is worth £80.
For further information please contact:
Alliance & Leicester Press Office 0116 200 3355
Photographs of Ewan Edwards, Head of Current Accounts at Alliance & Leicester, can be downloaded from
http://www.alliance-leicester-photos.co.uk (type ewan edwards in keyword box) or sent via e-mail on request
Notes to Editors:
The £25 bonus will be credited to the accounts of successful online applicants within eight weeks of the account being opened.
Applicants for the Premier Current Account need to be 21 or over and fund the account with £500 or more per month. With 44.26m people in the UK over 21(1) and 70.2% with an income of over £500 per month(2) 31.07m people in the UK are eligible to apply for Alliance and Leicester's Premier Current Account.
1. Source United Kingdom Government Actuary's Department
2. Source British Household Panel Survey 2001
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Alliance and Leicester in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.