The Safe Internet Show has been launched to provide visitors with practical information and software solutions allowing them to use the Internet with confidence. The Safe Internet Show will take place from 22-25 October 2004 at the NEC, Birmingham.
Interactive features and educational advice sessions will run throughout the event covering:
- Safe surfing for children – top tips and advice on encouraging children to use the Internet safely, from safe surfing to downloading music.
- Online security and privacy – guidance for shopping and banking online in a secure environment.
- Virus arena – covering everything from virus formats to defence against viruses and common cures.
- E-mail arena – top tips on tackling spam and efficient use of your e-mail system.
- Chat Room Live - a role-playing game illustrating how easy it is for intruders to access conversations
- Safe Internet Surgery – Q&A session covering the most common Internet questions and expert advice on individual problems.
Fay MacDonald, the Communications Co-ordinator at The Internet Watch Foundation commented: “The IWF are delighted to endorse The Safe Internet Show as an event we feel will not only bring designers, suppliers and safety organisations together to enable the general public to learn about internet technology, but also provides a platform to deliver very important educational and awareness messages about some of the risks of the internet and how to deal with them.
The IWF wants to reassure people that the public are entitled to an abuse free online environment and we hope we can continue to foster trust and vigilance through the work we do. The Safe Internet Show provides an opportunity for the public to learn more about feeling secure online.”
The show is sponsored by www.telegraph.co.uk, The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) and Mobile Data Association.
Notes To Editors
For press information / images etc. please contact: Richard Cook or Sarah Fletcher at big:pr on + 44 (0) 207 229 8827 or via email: email@example.com
For additional information about the show please contact Giles Mallon – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01932 268484
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Cut Communications in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Women's Interest & Beauty, Consumer Technology, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.