Permeo Announces AbsoluteAccess™ E-mail, a Next-Generation SSL VPN
Solution Offers Full Microsoft Outlook® to Exchange® Connectivity
Provides Same User Experience Out-of-Office as In-Office
Reading, UK — March 26, 2004—Permeo Technologies Inc., a leading provider of next-generation remote access software solutions with customers including over 30 percent of the Global 100, announces the immediate availability of Permeo AbsoluteAccess E-mail, a solution offering native access to e-mail and all other Outlook functionality over a simple SSL connection that requires no change to the desktop or to the Exchange server.
“Mobile users clearly prefer the ease-of-use and productivity benefits of working with native Outlook, but until today most solutions were either too expensive to deploy or didn’t provide full Exchange functionality,” said Joe Pollard, CEO, Permeo Technologies. “AbsoluteAccess E-mail resolves both issues by giving mobile users full access to their desktop Outlook without the costs and security risks of a network-layer product. Permeo offers enterprise customers a solution that’s easy to install, simple to manage, cost effective to deploy, and completely intuitive to the end user.”
Permeo’s solution enables the world’s largest corporations to extend their most critical application—e-mail—without the costs and complexity of using an IPSec VPN, and without sacrificing business-critical Exchange functionality, the main downfall of web-based e-mail solutions such as Outlook Web Access. With native support for Microsoft’s messaging protocol, MAPI, and patented Permeo technology that supports UDP and other dynamic network traffic, AbsoluteAccess E-mail lets remote users easily interact with all Exchange services including e-mail, calendaring, contacts, and tasks.
AbsoluteAccess E-mail addresses common IPSec VPN connectivity issues, such as firewall traversal and Network Address Translation resolution. The solution also is easy to install and quickly upgrades to support additional applications and users.
This latest offering from Permeo’s well-established SSL VPN remote access solution family leverages a common infrastructure, the Permeo Application Security Gateway (ASG). Key features of AbsoluteAccess E-mail include:
• An “in-office” user experience—No difference between in-office and out-of-office functionality, including e-mail, contacts, calendars, and tasks.
• Easy to use—No configuration changes required for desktop Outlook or Exchange server.
• Easy to implement—No client software to deploy, configure or maintain.
• Application-layer proxied access—No direct touch into the network with internal Exchange server insulated from external networks and devices.
• Highly scaleable—Server-based software solution that scales to meet the requirements of the world’s largest enterprises.
• Centralized management—Intuitive, browser-based management console for managing remote users and access policies.
• Supports leading authentication protocols—Quick and easy integration to enterprise authentication services, including Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, PKI, and TACACS+.
• Granular, user-based access control—Management console allows access control by user, group and application.
AbsoluteAccess E-mail is available for purchase and can be easily downloaded for a 21-day evaluation period. Pricing starts at $6,995 for 25 concurrent users. To make a purchase or request a trial copy, call 1-866-4PERMEO. For more information, go to www.permeo.com.
Permeo is the first and fastest-growing company that secures access to all enterprise applications through its customer-tested, patent-protected application security gateway. Permeo has over 300 global customers, including over 30 percent of the Global 100. Permeo’s solutions include the industry’s only SSL VPN that provides out-of-the-box remote access to any TCP or UDP application, and the financial industry’s leading high-capacity proxy server securing enterprise outbound application access. With headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Permeo was founded in June 2001, as a privately held spin-off from NEC USA, Inc. More information about Permeo can be found at www.permeo.com.
+44 1235 835777
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of ITGS PR (UK) in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.