Aspect Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: ASPT), a leading provider of enterprise customer contact solutions, has upgraded its award-winning customer self-service (CSS) solution.
An extension of Aspect’s Uniphi architecture, Aspect CSS 7.0 is based on interactive voice response technology and enables individuals to obtain information or place orders over the phone on a self–service basis. Organisations deploying CSS 7.0 have the option of providing customers with a touch-tone user interface or an advanced speech recognition interface. The solution can be deployed across global contact centre Internet protocol (IP) networks or public switched telephone networks (PSTN).
Aspect CSS 7.0 can be used for customer enquiries, shipping status, account information, product details and similar services - and enables organisations to reduce contact centre staffing costs, cut queue times, talk times and abandonment rates while, at the same time, extending service hours. Version7.0 enhancements include:
· The Power of VoiceXML 2.0: Support for VoiceXML 2.0 makes it easier to build and deploy mission-critical speech applications
· Broader Server Platform Support: The Aspect CSS 7.0 telephony server now utilises the Windows 2000 operating system, the choice platform of Aspect’s speech and telephony partners. The run-time server will continue utilising highly scaleable Unix-based platforms and offering backwards compatibility for prior releases.
· Turnkey Hardware Support: The solution integrates with industry-leading telephony cards from companies including Aculab, Brooktrout and Intel/Dialogic.
· Enhanced Speech Technology: The solution supports ScanSoft’s OpenSpeech Recognizer 2.0 and Nuance 8 speech recognition engines. In addition, Aspect CSS 7.0 supports Speechify 3.0, ScanSoft’s latest text-to-speech technology.
· Extensibility: CTI enhancements allow a run-time server to provide services for multiple contact centres. Additional improvements in backwards compatibility enhance investment protection for existing and new customers.
· Flexibility of Choice: Customers can choose between a software-only solution qualified on industry-standard platforms or a turnkey system that includes all required hardware and software from Aspect.
“The new functionality in Aspect CSS 7.0 provides more flexibility for our customers without compromising the integrity of the platform that so many industry-leading companies have come to rely on,” said Charlie Rabie, senior vice president of research and development at Aspect. “By adding enhanced speech functionality and increasing support for a variety of new standards and platforms, we’re facilitating a smoother path towards a more open, flexible and cost-efficient IVR system and contact centre overall.”
“Aspect’s CSS 7.0 makes it even easier for businesses to improve customer service through a sophisticated, around-the-clock IVR application,” said John Shea, vice president of product marketing and management at Nuance. “With Aspect, our joint goal is to continue to reduce the up-front capital investment, development time and ongoing maintenance costs, as well as simplify system integration to enable corporations to extend the benefits of voice automation across the enterprise.”
“With CSS 7.0, Aspect continues to drive adoption of speech solutions for the call centre using industry standards like VoiceXML 2.0,” said Steve Chambers, president of SpeechWorks, a division of ScanSoft. “Cutting-edge platforms like Aspect CSS 7.0 enable us to deliver superior applications to the market that result in greater caller satisfaction and stronger ROI for our customers.”
In addition to these new features, Aspect CSS will continue to maintain its high scalability, modularity and flexibility, so businesses can easily add capacity and functionality as needed. Aspect CSS 7.0 also delivers all the back up and restoration, redundancy, system management and diagnostic and reporting capabilities that customers expect from Aspect.
Building On a Proven Application
A full-featured IVR solution, Aspect CSS 7.0 includes advanced speech-recognition, text-to-speech, voiceprint identification and Web and fax integration capabilities. In addition to reducing costs by automating complex customer transactions, Aspect CSS offers customers convenience, constant access and privacy, with the option of requesting live assistance from an agent when needed.
About Aspect Communications
Aspect Communications Corporation is a leading provider of contact centre solutions and services that enable businesses to manage and optimise customer communications. Aspect's global customer base includes more than two-thirds of the Fortune 50 and leading corporations in a range of industries including transportation, financial services, insurance, telecommunications, retail and outsourcing, as well as large government agencies. The company's leadership is based on 18 years of expertise. Aspect is headquartered in San Jose, California, with 24 offices in 11 countries around the world. Aspect's UK offices are in Stockley Park, Uxbridge, Middlesex and can be reached on 0800 ASPECT (i.e. 0800 277328).
Aspect, the Aspect logo and the phrases and marks relating to other Aspect products and services discussed in this press release constitute one or both of the following: (1) registered trademarks and/or service marks of Aspect Communications Corporation in the United States and/or other countries or (2) intellectual property subject to protection under common law principles. All other names and marks mentioned in this document are properties of their respective owners.
For further information please contact:
+44 (0)20 8589 1037
Tel: +44 (0)208 744 9168
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Gray Associates in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.