Women are playing more online poker. According to the UK’s fastest growing poker website, Victor Chandler Poker (http://www.vcpoker.com), it’s no longer just a man’s game.
One in six new players joining Victor Chandler Poker is female – up from virtually zero just 2 years ago. The typical female player tends to be between 24 and 35: she’s internet savvy, shops online and has a professional business career.
There are 5 main reasons why women are taking up poker:
• Poker is gaining a lot of media attention. TV games shows, high-profile tournaments and the traditional glamorous portrayal of poker in film and TV.
• The increasing number of women who play the game professionally has created some powerful role models.
• The web creates a safe environment. Logging on to a poker website is nowhere near as intimidating as walking into a male-dominated casino. Good online poker rooms are moderated, mostly by women.
• For new players, there is tons of information on poker rules, ranking of poker hands and strategies for playing that can be read online without embarrassment.
• Games can be played just for fun or for small stakes.
Furthermore, research suggests that women have certain personality traits that predispose them to be good poker players.
You can find a full version of this news story at http://www.vcpoker.com/news/140404.htm
For further information:
Simon Prodger, Product Marketing Manager, Victor Chandler Online Poker Simon.Prodger@vc-bs.com , Tel: 020 7292 0069
Ken McGaffin, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 020 7684 6895.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Linking Matters in the following categories: Consumer Technology, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.