18 May 2004
EVOLVED NETWORKS LAUNCHES
AXCESSFIRST DATA MIGRATION
Data conversion reduced from days to an hour
Evolved Networks (booth #52), the developer of software tools that enable telecoms operators to automate management of the access network, today announced the launch of axcessfirst Data Migration (TM) as part of its axcessfirst product suite.
axcessfirst Data Migration, is a next-generation data migration tool which enables telecoms operators to generate duct, cable and bearer data automatically. In addition axcessfirst Data Migration greatly simplifies the major problem of converting paper network diagrams into computer readable vector data by automating the validation and cable generation processes.
axcessfirst Data Migration will enable telecoms operators to:
· reduce significantly the cost of generating cable and bearer data
· generate the complete cable data set for an exchange in an hour
· improve significantly data capture productivity
· enforce business rules to achieve unprecedented high-quality levels
· improve drastically quality assurance while lowering associated support costs.
Chris Sharpe, chief operations officer at Evolved Networks, said “axcessfirst Data Migration represents a step change approach to the creation of data by enabling telecoms operators to validate and generate access network cable and bearer information accurately and economically in a fraction of the time of traditional methods.”
The axcessfirst product suite comprises:
· axcessfirst Planning & Design (TM) is a highly-automated method of creating new and modified designs for the access network. axcessfirst Planning & Design uses a set of customer defined business and engineering rules to simplify the design process, automatically allocate equipment and calculate installation costs.
· axcessfirst Service Provisioning (TM) is a next-generation provisioning tool which automates the tasks related to defining and allocating the physical access network assets needed to deliver successfully the service ordered by each customer.
· axcessfirst Data Migration greatly simplifies the major problem of converting network diagrams into computer readable vector data by automating the validation and cable generation processes.
Evolved Networks is exhibiting at booth 52 at TeleManagement World in Nice (May 17 – 20, 2004).
About Evolved Networks
Evolved Networks was spun out of BT in April 2003 and is backed by the technology venturing partnership, NVP Brightstar. NVP Brightstar was created by BT Brightstar, (formerly part of BT’s research and technology business, BT Exact); Coller Capital, the UK-based global private equity investment manager; and New Venture Partners, the US-based venture capital firm.
David Pincott / Ged Carroll / Alex Crawshaw, Pirate Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7760 7050
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Sales and general information:
Matthew Edwards, Evolved Networks
tel: +44 (0)1473 663 021
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pirate Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.