18 May 2004
EVOLVED NETWORKS LAUNCHES
AXCESSFIRST PLANNING & DESIGN
Evolved Networks (booth #52), the developer of software tools that enable telecoms operators to automate management of the access network, today announced the launch of axcessfirst Planning & Design (TM) as part of its axcessfirst product suite.
axcessfirst Planning & Design provides a highly-automated method of modifying and creating new designs for the access network. axcessfirst Planning & Design uses a set of customer defined business and engineering rules to simplify the design process, automatically allocate equipment and calculate installation and equipment costs.
axcessfirst Planning & Design enables telecoms operators to:
· increase efficiency, allowing operational costs to be reduced
· reduce the time to plan a new scheme
· reduce the capital costs of the schemes
· use less skilled personnel to design planning schemes, allowing those more skilled to focus on more strategic issues
· enforce best practice at all times.
Chris Sharpe, chief operations officer at Evolved Networks, said: “The planning and design of access networks can be a very costly and time-consuming operation. With the increased complexity of new services, such as XDSL, reducing the cost of designing the access network is now becoming a priority. axcessfirst Planning & Design delivers the treble benefit of increased productivity, higher quality and reduced build costs when compared to traditional methods."
The axcessfirst product suite consists of:
· axcessfirst Service Provisioning (TM) is a next-generation provisioning tool which automates the tasks related to defining and allocating the physical access network assets needed to deliver successfully the service ordered by each customer.
· axcessfirst Data Migration (TM) greatly simplifies the major problem of converting network diagrams into computer readable vector data by automating the validation and cable generation processes.
· axcessfirst Planning & Design (TM) is a highly-automated method of creating new and modified designs for the access network. axcessfirst Planning & Design uses a set of customer defined business and engineering rules to simplify the design process, automatically allocate equipment and calculate installation costs.
Evolved Networks is exhibiting at booth 52 at TeleManagement World in Nice (May 17 – 20, 2004).
About Evolved Networks
Evolved Networks was spun out of BT in April 2003 and is backed by the technology venturing partnership, NVP Brightstar. NVP Brightstar was created by BT Brightstar, (formerly part of BT’s research and technology business, BT Exact); Coller Capital, the UK-based global private equity investment manager; and New Venture Partners, the US-based venture capital firm.
David Pincott / Ged Carroll / Alex Crawshaw, Pirate Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7760 7050
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Sales and general information:
Matthew Edwards, Evolved Networks
tel: +44 (0)1473 663 021
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pirate Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.