18 May 2004
EVOLVED NETWORKS LAUNCHES
AXCESSFIRST SERVICE PROVISIONING
Evolved Networks (booth #52), the developer of software tools that enable telecoms operators to automate management of the access network, today announced the launch of axcessfirst Service Provisioning (TM) as part of its axcessfirst product suite.
axcessfirst Service Provisioning is a next-generation provisioning tool which automates the tasks of defining and allocating the physical access network assets needed to deliver service orders.
axcessfirst Service Provisioning uses a telecom operator’s best-practice provisioning rules to identify a set of potential routes, apply a set of business rules to these and recommend the optimum route that meets the service’s requirements. Where a route cannot be readily identified axcessfirst Service Provisioning recommends how the network may be reconfigured to make the necessary resources available.
axcessfirst Service Provisioning will enable telecoms operators to:
· reduce operational and capital expenditure
· eliminate the costs of unnecessary site visits
· reduce provisioning time
· automate provisioning for existing and future network services
· increase their management control
· increase revenues through improved speed to market.
Chris Sharpe, chief operations officer at Evolved Networks, said: “Traditional access network systems are usually unable to provision automatically the 20 per cent of services that need network reconfiguration and represent 80 per cent of the total provisioning costs. axcessfirst Service Provisioning is able to automate nearly all service orders which enables operators to increase their operational efficiency and at the same time reduce costs and increase revenues.”
The axcessfirst product suite comprises:
· axcessfirst Planning & Design (TM) is a highly-automated method of creating new and modified designs for the access network. axcessfirst Planning & Design uses a set of customer defined business and engineering rules to simplify the design process, automatically allocate equipment and calculate installation costs.
· axcessfirst Data Migration (TM) greatly simplifies the major problem of converting network diagrams into computer readable vector data by automating the validation and cable generation processes.
· axcessfirst Service Provisioning (TM) is a next-generation provisioning tool which automates the tasks related to defining and allocating the physical access network assets needed to deliver successfully the service ordered by each customer.
Evolved Networks is exhibiting at booth 52 at TeleManagement World in Nice (May 17 – 20, 2004).
About Evolved Networks
Evolved Networks was spun out of BT in April 2003 and is backed by the technology venturing partnership, NVP Brightstar. NVP Brightstar was created by BT Brightstar, (formerly part of BT’s research and technology business, BT Exact); Coller Capital, the UK-based global private equity investment manager; and New Venture Partners, the US-based venture capital firm.
David Pincott / Ged Carroll / Alex Crawshaw, Pirate Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7760 7050
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Sales and general information:
Matthew Edwards, Evolved Networks
tel: +44 (0)1473 663 021
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pirate Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.