18 May 2004
EVOLVED NETWORKS SIGNS DEAL WITH EIRCOM
eircom becomes one of the first telcos to automate access network planning
Evolved Networks (booth #52), the developer of software tools that enable telecoms operators to automate management of the access network, today announced that it has signed a multi-year contract with eircom, Ireland’s leading communications company, for the supply and support of axcessfirst Planning & Design (TM).
eircom is expanding its fixed-line broadband access and requires an efficient and effective way to plan its access network. Evolved Networks’ axcessfirst Planning & Design will enable eircom to:
· produce new network build plans more quickly than previously possible by automating network design and automatically including a full bill of materials
· decrease capital and operational expenditure
· increase productivity, more time can now be spent on implementing rather than planning networks
· optimise network planning, enabling planners to automatically create network schemes which optimise network build to find the most efficient route.
Tony Wray, director network management at eircom, said: “In 2004/05 the vast majority of my OSS spend will be on the access network. My core network OSS already gives me the automation I require but it is the access network that accounts for the greater management cost. Evolved Networks’ software enables us to effectively plan our access network without the usual costs and arduous effort required.”
Chris Sharpe, chief operations officer at Evolved Networks, said: “We are delighted to be working with eircom and it is a great endorsement of our axcessfirst Planning & Design product. As operators look to reduce network planning & design, provisioning and data migration costs, we can enable them to make savings yet at the same time provide better network access.”
The axcessfirst product suite consists of:
· axcessfirst Service Provisioning (TM) is a next-generation provisioning tool which automates the tasks related to defining and allocating the physical access network assets needed to deliver successfully the service ordered by each customer.
· axcessfirst Data Migration (TM) greatly simplifies the major problem of converting network diagrams into computer readable vector data by automating the validation and cable generation processes.
· axcessfirst Planning & Design (TM) is a highly-automated method of creating new and modified designs for the access network. axcessfirst Planning & Design uses a set of customer defined business and engineering rules to simplify the design process, automatically allocate equipment and calculate installation costs.
Evolved Networks is exhibiting at booth 52 at TeleManagement World in Nice (May 17 – 20, 2004).
About Evolved Networks
Evolved Networks was spun out of BT in April 2003 and is backed by the technology venturing partnership, NVP Brightstar. NVP Brightstar was created by BT Brightstar, (formerly part of BT’s research and technology business, BTexact); Coller Capital, the UK-based global private equity investment manager; and New Venture Partners, the US-based venture capital firm.
David Pincott / Ged Carroll / Alex Crawshaw, Pirate Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7760 7050
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales and general information:
Matthew Edwards, Evolved Networks
tel: +44 (0)1473 663 021
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pirate Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.