Itheon releases New Itheon Portable Network Consultant (PNC)- Network Performance Monitoring Made Easy -
Welwyn Garden City, Herts, 9th June 2004 — Itheon, high availability IT management specialists for the enterprise, today released a new solution to the market, Itheon Portable Network Consultant (PNC). Itheon PNC is a portable, all-in-one solution for determining network performance and quality of service issues.
Based on a laptop, PNC incorporates Itheon’s flow-based monitoring software that captures, analyses and displays data used for network profiling.
Frank Puranik, Development Director for Itheon says, “Having spoken with network specialists, it became apparent that they were crying out for a portable tool, which could be just plugged in, and within minutes would start delivering meaningful network performance data that could subsequently be used either on or off site for network analysis.”
Chris Thomas, Director of Operations at Qospel says, “I have recently started using Itheon’s unique PNC tool and I found it to be an extremely easy and dynamic solution. I just plugged it in and diagnosed problems within minutes without having to use any other tools.”
How it works: PNC connects to any network segment (10/100/1000) of interest through a standard Ethernet port connection. Once plugged in, PNC non-intrusively monitors all the traffic passing it, including requests and responses to business services. The analysed data is viewed through an onboard web browser using integrated reports and graphs. The actual data itself is not collected, thus not compromising network security.
PNC Features: PNC measures the actual (rather than the simulated) service response times for every transaction made to key applications, creating real-time warning when application performance, bandwidth and/or traffic flows fall outside user defined parameters.
PNC also summarises all of the traffic, be it network, application, users etc, and creates a history of performance and network utilisations.
PNC Business Benefits:
· PNC is invaluable as a diagnostic tool, as essential to a network specialist as a power meter is to an electrician.
· Problems such as bottlenecks can be quickly identified and rectified so that end-users experience high availability levels.
· Analysis of current bandwidth utilisation can help optimise network usage in order to avoid costly upgrades.
· Quality of service to end-users can be improved through measurement of application response times.
· PNC can help to determine whether network loading can be improved by moving application servers, printers etc to different segments, or perhaps whether people are downloading their favorite music/games at key busy times.
· You can easily determine whether, by maximizing (or optimizing) current usage, you can avoid making costly upgrades to your network
· PNC offers a quick and cost-effective ‘wood for the trees’ view to network specialists responsible for networks.
Itheon specialises in high availability, performance management and Automated Service Level Management (ASLM) for applications, systems, networks, and storage management, offering their customers a proven fast time to value. With over 15 years experience in automating the monitoring and management of IT infrastructures, Itheon understands the importance of relating IT to the business, and today many of Itheon's world-class customers such as Vodafone, Reuters, Yell, Cap Gemini, Anite and many more are using Itheon products to deliver robust business solutions. Itheon is a registered Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and works closely with HP and IBM offering their customers a 'best-of-breed' integrated solution. Itheon has its Headquarters in Welwyn Garden City, Herts UK and offices in Woerden, Netherlands, together with a distributed network of resellers worldwide. For more information, please visit www.itheon.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Itheon Networks Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.