LONDON – June 23, 2004 – BroadVision, Inc. (Nasdaq: BVSN), a global provider of self-service web applications, today announced that O2 (www.o2.co.uk), a leading provider of mobile services to consumers and businesses in the UK, has signed a multi-million pound five year contract for the delivery of its entire sales channel on BroadVision’s Commerce platform.
O2’s goal is to rationalise and consolidate all its online and offline UK channels onto a single platform to provide a catalogue of products and services with consistent pricing. This will enable the company to reduce the cost of service, IT architecture and improve its business agility and flexibility.
O2 was looking for an out-of-the-box solution to replace its multiple legacy systems that were proving costly and inefficient. For example, a high street store purchase would involve a sales agent completing paperwork and then placing a customer order through a call centre. With BroadVision Commerce this process can now be carried out in real-time, through the retail store extranet directly with the customer online, avoiding duplication and removing the need for call centre agent assistance.
To facilitate this objective, BroadVision’s Commerce application will provide the order management platform, central to every sale in the UK, independent of which channel it is through, including:
- Online Shop www.O2.co.uk/shop – for consumers and small and medium businesses to purchase, manage their orders, accounts and billing online.
- Corporate Sales Extranet – which O2 account managers can access to set up phones, provide quotations and create contracts for SME and business customers.
- Telesales Extranet – that allows call centre staff to interact with the BroadVision platform and place orders on customers’ behalf.
- Retail Store Extranet – to facilitate other retailers such as The Link to create their own branded website that communicates with, and sets up orders on, O2’s BroadVision powered application.
- Wholesale Extranet – that enables large corporate customers and partners to bulk buy minutes or network capacity on O2’s network for instance.
- White Label Extranet – where O2 sponsors partners such as Arsenal Football Club to create their own branded versions of the O2 online shop.
- SMS Extranet – which provides a web interface that approved businesses can access to bulk buy SMS services in order to send out text campaigns to thousands of their own customers.
“To deliver this mission critical project successfully, we needed a vendor we could trust,” says Andy Wolfe, Head of Supply - Companion Programme, at O2. “Having already built our online shop on BroadVision, we knew it was a scalable, resilient and open platform. BroadVision’s proven track record in the telecommunications sector will help us extend our retail channel to a wider partner base, further reduce costs and more widely deliver self-service.”
“O2 made a clear decision not to attempt to build this solution, but chose a packaged application they could configure for their different channels rather than custom develop, allowing changes to be made more easily, quickly and cost effectively,” said Steve Turner, regional vice president, Northern EMEA, BroadVision.
“O2’s online channels already generate a significant portion of its revenue, with average revenue per user being higher online than other channels. We very much look forward to working with O2 over the next few years to extend this model across all their sales channels to provide better customer service and drive additional revenue.”
BroadVision is a global provider of personalized self-service web applications. Our integrated suite of process, commerce, portal, and content solutions helps customers rapidly increase revenues and reduce costs. Over 1,000 organizations - including Wal-Mart, Vodafone, Cardinal Health, Hewlett-Packard, Toyota, Japan Airlines and the U.S. Air Force - serving nearly 60 million registered users, rely on BroadVision's open solutions to power and personalize their mission-critical web initiatives
For more information about BroadVision, Inc., call 650.542.5100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.broadvision.com.
BroadVision and BroadVision Portal are trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadVision, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
O2 aims to enrich customer's lives by enabling them to get the most from their mobile. As a leading provider of mobile services to consumers and businesses in the UK, O2 offers a range of services including text, media messaging, games, always on data connections (via "GPRS"), music over mobile and mobile video. O2 is the UK market leader in mobile data services such as text, with three quarters of a billion messages being sent by O2 customers each month. O2 was formed in 2001 following the demerger from British Telecom of its former mobile business, BT Wireless. O2 (UK) Limited is a subsidiary of mmO2 plc which also delivers O2 branded services in Ireland and Germany. O2 has over 13 million customers in the UK.
For interview opprtunities, contact Kim Squire, Ascendant on Tel: 0870 7000 166.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ascendant Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.