Collaboration with Microsoft delivers simple interface with zero-footprint on TRIM Context electronic document and records management (EDRM) software
TOWER Software today announces a collaboration with Microsoft that combines the powerful document and records management functionality of its TRIM Context solution with the world’s leading portal offering – Microsoft SharePoint Server 2003. The new SharePoint Access, which has been developed by Microsoft’s Gold Partner, Biztech, with the support of TOWER Software and Microsoft, enables access to the TRIM Context database from any Microsoft SharePoint location, including portal, departmental, personal or work areas.
Key functionalities of the Sharepoint Access include:
· Unified Search – allows users to search both TRIM Context and non-TRIM Context content sources in a single click.
· TRIM documents and records via Intranet – ability to view TRIM records and documents in the browser.
· Check out/Check in – ability to check out and check in TRIM Context records and documents in browser.
· Unified Taxonomy – ability to integrate with the TRIM Context business classification schema with SharePoint copies for easy taxonomy navigation.
· TRIM records and document security – maintain TRIM Context securely on all records and documents through an integrated authentication model.
· Single point of entry – users can easily navigate to calendars, news, events, tasks, discussions, links, documents and projects for collaboration. As a result, vital information assets are fully leveraged during the creation, revision and repurposing of any business content.
“This is the next technology block for organisations that want to quickly and inexpensively implement an integrated intranet and reap the rewards of greater productivity from its information workers,” explained Tony Sumpster, Managing Director EMEA at TOWER Software. “It accelerates adoption of TRIM Context throughout the organisation which not only speeds up the return on investment and quality of operations, but assists compliance with record keeping practices.”
TRIM Context retains DoD 5015.2-STD certification and the UK PRO2 approval and enables compliance with industry, legislative and corporate regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC 17A and others. Additionally, SharePoint Access enables users to search, retrieve, view, revise and submit documents to and from the TRIM Context records repository – from any SharePoint Portal Server page. SharePoint Access enables both government agencies and corporations to achieve their document and records management goals in an intuitive, zero-footprint environment.
About TOWER Software
TOWER Software, a leading enterprise content management (ECM) provider,
delivers electronic document and records management (EDRM) solutions.
TOWER Software's award-winning solutions empower organisations to manage
and secure their vital information assets. The TRIM Context solution
is a single, integrated platform that manages business information
throughout its complete lifecycle. By relying on its proven domain
expertise, strong strategic partnerships and powerful solutions, TOWER
Software enables organisations to improve the accuracy of information on
which business decisions are made; maximise efficiency by finding
business critical information more quickly and easily; and achieve and
maintain standards compliance across industries, resulting in sustained
competitive advantage. TOWER Software is a privately held company with
operations in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
TOWER Software UK is based at TOWER House, Oaklands Park, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2FD. Tel: +44 (0) 1189 771212, Web: www.towersoft.com
For further information contact:
Natalie Sutton, Proud Public Relations
Tel: +44 (0) 7768 026197 / +44(0) 1276 679570, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhian Evans, TOWER Software
Tel: +44 (0) 1189 777516, email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of WiseTiger - DO NOT USE in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.