Think of it as like exercise. After all, almost anyone can walk or jog, but you need exercise to keep the body as smooth-running as possible. But while many people think breathing is auto-controlled like your heartbeat, it isn’t. Most of us need to learn how to breathe well. As a result, anyone and everyone can benefit from POWERbreathe - from athletes to invalids and everyone in between. Studies show that athletes gain increased stamina and endurance, but for the unhealthy, like the 5.1 million asthmatics in Britain (or if you have bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, heart and lung problems, neuromuscular conditions or spinal cord injuries), benefits include easier breathing, greater comfort during exercise, and muscles that feel stronger in days. To differing degrees, we all find that stairs get easier to climb and hills are easier to walk. We feel less breathless from walking the dog or running after the kids. Exercise becomes easier and more comfortable. So does danci
ng. And sex. Best of all, unlike most asthma treatments, POWERbreathe is entirely drug-free.
HOW DO YOU USE IT? Just breathe through it twice a day for 30 breaths per session. And that’s it. It takes about four minutes. As your performance improves, you can adjust it to increase resistance, just like any other exercise.
HOW DOES IT WORK? It’s a simple gadget that exercises your lungs’ breathing muscles - or inspiratory muscles. (These include the diaphragm and chest-expanding muscles, which work by drawing air into the lungs and pushing it back out again as they move up and down.) POWERbreathe works on the theory that, like any underexercised muscle, these respiration muscles become weak without exercise. So the device has an adjustable spring mechanism and pressure valve on the inside and a mouthpiece on the outside. As you breathe through it, air is only released if you use enough pressure to open the valve, so the respiratory muscles are forced to work harder. It’s like weight-training for your lungs - which explains why it’s also been called ‘dumbbells for your diaphragm. This resistance work quickly builds strength and endurance. Muscles feel stronger within days. In three weeks you’ll feel less breathless. In four weeks, physical performance and endurance improve.
THE STUDIES: Brunel University found that while athletes’ stamina improved by up to 30% in three weeks, asthmatics’ symptoms improved by up to 75%.
1 POWERbreathe is a certified class 1 Medical Device by the European Council Directive.
2. It is drug-free and backed by 10 years of research and development by Sports Scientists at Birmingham and Loughborough Universities (the UK’s leading Human Performance Research Universities).
3. It has proven benefits to asthma* (and is supported by Friends of Asthma, Ireland) as well as its benefits to improved athletic performance**.
4. POWERbreathe was awarded a Millennium Product by the Design Council.
5. The UK design retails through over 280 outlets in the UK and over 30 countries worldwide.
* Asthma - in randomised controlled trials on mild/moderate asthmatics, POWERbreathe increased respiratory strength by a mean of 11% in 21 days.
* *Athletes - In laboratory-controlled trials, POWERbreathe training improved time trial performance by up to 4.6% in elite rowers and cyclists, and endurance performance improved by over 30%. It is used and endorsed by the GB Rowing Coxless Four.
POWERbreate SRP: £49.95
For nearest stockist details readers should telephone 01926 816 177 or log onto www.powerbreathe.com
For further press information, samples or images, contact:
Belinda Gallon or Emily Reid
Belinda Gallon Public Relations
Tel: 020 7372 7880
Fax: 020 7625 8081
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Belinda Gallon PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Sport, Travel, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.