Avanquest announces partnership with Looksmart
Avanquest announces partnership with Looksmart, leader in commercial search services and a developer of innovative web search solutions, to continue the distribution of Net Nanny products within the UK. Net Nanny is the world's leading brand name in consumer online filtering.
Looksmart acquired the business and assets of Net Nanny® for approximately $5 million in cash and stock from privately held BioNet Systems LLC, a provider of software solutions that secure access to critical data and network resources.
Avanquest has been successfully republishing Net Nanny in the UK since the end of 2003 and can announce that sales of Net Nanny now represent 66% of sales in this market sector.
Net Nanny applications include: Net Nanny 5.0(TM), the world's leading parental control software, Net Nanny's Chat Monitor®, which monitors and filters instant messaging and other online chat and Net Nanny's Ad-Free®, which blocks a broad range of Internet ads, spy ware and profiling cookies.
These days, parents need to be fully aware of the threat to their children from ‘predators’ using the internet as a communication interface into your home. Many parents do not see the internet as a threat to their child's personal safety. They make the assumption that children are safe inside the home and are often not aware of the sophisticated methods predators use to befriend and lure children out of their parent's homes and into danger.
The BBC has reported that 70% of children over the age of 10 have Internet access at home and as many as ¼ of them have seen harmful material. Recent research conducted by the DfES also suggests that 52% of children spend more than 5 hours online a week, 2/3 of that time being unsupervised.
Net Nanny products are effective, easy-to-use and innovative, providing responsible adults with the best Internet safety tools available today. Using them, parents and teachers can now control what information comes into their home or school, whilst respecting personal values and beliefs.
The Internet Awareness Foundation (IAAF) has independently tested Net Nanny and named it ‘best of breed’ in this category. The software has also been awarded ‘Editors Choice’ by Personal Computer World, and ‘Recommended’ by PC Utilities magazine.
Net Nanny features:
• Activity and IRC Chat logs, time and date timer, an online contract of trust, word masking, custom warning messages, shutdown feature, and custom settings for up to 12 users.
• The database of appropriate or objectionable sites can be viewed and edited at ANY time by parents. You don't have to petition for sites to be removed and you don't have to depend on the judgment of the filtering company. You have complete control - when and how you want to use it.
• Monitors and masks (if selected) both incoming and outgoing words and phrases, using a list that the parent can add to or delete from at any time. Other programs simply block certain information from being sent, but do nothing for incoming material that may be dangerous to the child.
• Unlike other parental control programs, Net Nanny products are designed to support parental supervision while respecting personal values and beliefs.
• Net Nanny gives non-technical users powerful tools to enforce their own policies about what they believe to be appropriate use of the internet, while being easier to install and configure than any product in its class.
Net Nanny has a commitment to continual improvement and actively seeks information and partnerships from a wide variety of experts in this field, so the real impact of the internet's positive and negative attributes can be fully understood.
Net Nanny retails at £29.95.
About Avanquest Global Software Publishing
Avanquest, part of the BVRP Software Group, is a leading provider of complete software publishing solutions to meet the global sales and distribution needs of developers. As a fully integrated network of international value-added software publishers, Avanquest combines experienced product management, sales representation, package and product design, public relations and supply chain management systems, with proven direct retailer relationships in 90 percent of the world’s software markets. Additional information can be found at http://www.avanquest.co.uk/ and http://www.bvrp.com/.
For further information and review copies please contact:
Tel: 01752 241465
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Alison Hall PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.