Avanquest launches Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack
Avanquest UK, leading UK distributor of business, consumer and educational software, today announced the launch of Imaginova’s Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack.
Aimed at children, students and adults who are new to astronomy, Complete Space & Astronomy Pack combines three CD-ROMs, a DVD and a book to provide an invaluable resource for the novice stargazer:
• Two CD-ROMs of Starry Night software with 50 interactive, guided tours to get users started exploring our solar system
• Deep Space Explorer CD-ROM to take users beyond the Milky Way to the outer reaches of space
• SkyTheater DVD, over a hour-and-a-half of original movies about space
• Starry Night Companion, a bonus 192-page illustrated book.
Starry Night software allows users to:
• View a realistic depiction of the night sky from anywhere on Earth or the solar system
• Find your way around the sky easily with 50 interactive, guided tours, including:
• Seasonal Tours of the stars and constellations
• Our Solar System
• Top Ten Brightest Stars
• Top Twenty Star Clusters, Nebulae and Galaxies
• Best of Show from the Hubble Space Telescope
• Blast off to visit any planet in the solar system, its moons or the Milky Way
• Learn to easily identify and locate planets, stars and constellations
• Explore 1,000,000 stars from the Hipparcos and Tycho-2 3D star catalogues and 28,000 galaxies from the Starry Night™ exclusive Tully database
• Astound your friends with thousands of fun space facts
• Save or export colour images to create your own space art
• Print handy star charts for your next adventure under the stars
• Automatic updates keep Starry Night software current with new discoveries and orbital data of comets, asteroids and satellites
• And much more!
Deep Space Explorer software expands knowledge of astronomy and the universe allowing users to:
• Fly their own starship through the known universe
• Discover the deep reaches of space outside the Milky Way
• Travel anywhere within 700 million light years of Earth
• Visit any of 28,000 galaxies from the Starry Night™ exclusive Tully database
• Watch more than an hour of multimedia about the origins of the universe, black holes, supernovas and a dozen other topics
SkyTheater DVD turns a TV into a spaceship on a voyage through the solar system with an awe-inspiring tour of its mysteries in this 104-minute DVD exclusive.
The Starry Night Companion bonus book provides:
• An overview of the basics of astronomy
• Hints and tips on sky watching
• Advice on how to buy telescopes and binoculars
• A helpful glossary of astronomical terms
The RRP for Starry Night Complete Space &Astronomy Pack is £29.99 inc VAT.
About Starry Night…
Starry Night is regarded as the world’s most realistic astronomy and planetarium software and is used by beginners, hobbyists and academics around the world. The New York Times described it as “a beautifully constructed desktop planetarium that is easy to use”. Starry Night is used by Sir Patrick Moore who has commented “Starry Night is a splendid program. I use it personally and, of course, we use it on the Sky at Night.” Other titles in the range include Starry Night Enthusiast (RRP £49.99), Starry Night Pro (RRP £99.99) and Starry Night Pro Plus (RRP £129.99).
About Imaginova …
ImaginovaTM is a branded multimedia company that captures people's fascination with space, science and technological innovation. The company was formed in 1999. Its brand franchises include: Space News®, the premier business-to-business international news weekly dedicated entirely to the commercial and military space and satellite communications businesses; Space at the Crossroads and Strategic Space annual industry conferences; Starry Night™, the world's leading family of astronomy products; and Space.com, a web site that offers rich and compelling space, astronomy and technology content, including information, education, entertainment and business news.
About Avanquest Global Software Publishing
About Avanquest Global Software Publishing
Avanquest, part of the BVRP Software Group, is a leading provider of complete software publishing solutions to meet the global sales and distribution needs of developers. As a fully integrated network of international value-added software publishers, Avanquest combines experienced product management, sales representation, package and product design, public relations and supply chain management systems, with proven direct retailer relationships in 90 percent of the world's software markets. Additional information can be found at http://www.avanquest.co.uk/ and http://www.bvrp.com/
For further information and review copies please contact
Mob: 07899 986932
Tel: 01752 241465
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Alison Hall PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.