---Market Leader Cognito releases next generation managed mobile data suite, enabling organisations to operate even more effectively utilising real-time data in the field---
In response to growing demand for increased accessibility to accurate and up-to-the-minute information exchanges between office and field based teams, Cognito has released its next generation managed mobile data suite. Organisations within the private and public sectors are increasingly recognising the benefits of streamlining job allocation processes, capturing signatures in real-time and managing the productivity of disparate mobile workers in the field. Cognito’s enhanced solution enables improved performance in meeting stringent customer Service Level Agreements, changing regulatory requirements and the ability to pass on cost savings achieved through greater control of mobile workforce expenditure.
An integral aspect of the new release is that Cognito has made significant enhancements to its Formsplus software, giving customers even greater speed, flexibility and control of their managed mobile data services. Formsplus delivers the user interface, which controls the transmission and receipt of data between customer contact centres and mobile workers. New features of Formsplus include the ability to update the field workers’ software over the air, thereby removing the need to recall users’ devices, easier and faster navigation for improved productivity, and an enhanced suite for real-time business intelligence reporting, allowing greater management and control of mobile workers.
“The migration of Cognito managed service customers from a proprietary network to a GPRS service two years ago paved the way for an intense period of expansion with customers developing their mobile data networks in more sophisticated ways,” said Steve Alderson, Cognito’s Managing Director. “This latest release takes Cognito to the next level enabling our customers to meet their own service level targets and stay up to the minute with relevant legislative requirements. For the first time it delivers enhanced access to real-time business intelligence reporting on the activity and communications of their mobile workforces.”
By delivering new screen enhancements, field-based workers and other trades people can log straight into their job allocation system via a PDA, review new jobs, plan their route and process jobs more intuitively. This will enable the mobile worker to access more information than ever before, process jobs more effectively and get direct real-time access to office-based staff through one device. Customer contact centre staff also benefit from increased efficiency in job scheduling with the ability to control who and when mobile resources are used, minimising risks such as running up uncontrollable mobile phone bills and field worker down time.
Typically companies in the service and facilities management sectors have been the main advocates of mobile data technology, however other organisations, including courier & logistics companies, utilities and local authorities, are beginning to adopt mobile technology to streamline their services. For example, Cognito was recently appointed to work with Peterborough City Council in a development involving the transfer of 10,200 homes to Cross Keys Homes, a new social landlord. Cognito is providing the hand-held mobile technology as a fully managed and supported service to enable real-time communication between the call centre and some 60 trades people operating across the city.
“For organisations that need to take advantage of mobile data technology, but want to avoid the risks of uncontrollable assets in the field, the integration, management and support headaches, Cognito’s unique managed service provides a real solution,” said Alderson. “Through innovative enhancements such as event time stamping, data exchange audit trails and individual user rights management, Formsplus is now providing organisations with a much higher degree of control, flexibility and productivity.”
For further press information, please contact:
Tel: 01483 811 234
Mobile: 07812 766 338
Tel : 0208 360 2442
Mobile : 07974 161 179
Formsplus is the power at the centre of Cognito’s unique managed mobile data service, which has been delivering innovative mobile data solutions since 1992. Formsplus is a mobile device application which enables wireless data transactions to integrated office systems over GPRS via the Cognito Service. It provides a structured, customisable environment to send, receive and manage business critical information between mobile workers and office based teams.
Formsplus incorporates a comprehensive range of capabilities.
For management control and system development:
• Powerful development tools enable rapid construction or adaptation of systems. This can be carried out by the customers’ own in-house developers or a third-party developer of their preference, alternatively Cognito can undertake this for the client.
• The customer can carry out adding, updating or deleting of Formsplus systems residing on a mobile device, over the air. This avoids recourse to recalling units from the field or reliance on a third-party supplier. This greatly simplifies the management of field-based personnel and their workflow processes.
• Control of process flow allows enforcement of business rules by implementing mandatory responses and conditional logic. This results in logical progression of forms driven by outcomes and responses and ensures that required, relevant information is captured and displayed.
• The capability to interact with locally stored databases as part of a process for validation of data and ease of use. Data can be copied or moved between template data and local databases.
• A variety of data can be handled including signature capture, barcode/RFID (that can be optionally used to trigger a process) and the ability to capture device information into Formsplus (e.g. device time).
• Formatted and report style printing that can be actioned manually, or be triggered automatically as part of the workflow process.
For user flexibility:
• Customisable screens including clear display buttons, screen backgrounds, images and colour schemes.
• Local data management allows users to view information dynamically, such as reviewing a list of outstanding jobs in a preferred format, by location, by job type or by priority.
• Incoming data can be audibly notified; job status can be reflected in colour schemes within templates and if job data is resent with amendments this can be visually notified on-screen.
• Database lookup includes dropdown menus that can be sorted, filtered and easily navigated, auto-complete fields and auto-calculate fields.
• Information requests into an office system can be processed instantly and directly by the mobile users with no recourse to additional personnel.
Founded in 1992 Cognito was the first company in the UK to be awarded a licence to run a radio network for data transmission. Today Cognito provides a single and seamless point of integration enabling client business to harness the power of corporate information out in the field, utilising GPRS and GSM technology.
The company offers managed services on behalf of many blue chip companies including, Fuji, Honeywell, Konica, Kraft Foods, London Bus Services, NTL, Siemens and Transco. Cognito delivers a range of services that enable corporate customers to enhance mobile workflow, reduce administration, minimise costs and increase productivity by improving the flow of communications between central systems and mobile workers.
For additional information visit www.cognito.co.uk, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on +44 (0) 1635 508200.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of 2thefore in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.