New TZ 170 appliances bring together deep packet inspection, integrated wireless and backup connectivity
London, UK – July 26, 2004 – SonicWALL, Inc., a leading provider of integrated security, productivity and mobility solutions, today introduced three additions to its TZ 170 Series of secure gateway appliances. These additions bring powerful security solutions to home office networks, retail networks and small office and branch office networks. The newly expanded platform protects against threats pervasive on today’s wired and wireless networks, allowing small networks to experience productivity and business continuity benefits previously reserved for larger enterprises.
The TZ 170 SP, TZ 170 Wireless and TZ 170 SP Wireless products join the affordable, flexible and easily managed TZ 170 appliance. This broadened product line enables IT managers to deploy the latest security solutions and services, such as SonicWALL’s powerful Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS), Content Filtering Service (CFS) and Complete Anti-virus in a variety of business environments. The TZ 170 Series addresses a growing need for flexible and tailored solutions to provide stable and secure connections from branch offices, stores, homes or remote locations.
The entire product line integrates a deep packet inspection firewall and intrusion prevention for protection from worms and Trojans, content filtering for increased worker productivity, gateway-enforced anti-virus, and IPSec VPN into a cost-effective solution. The Wireless models also include 802.11b/g wireless LAN connectivity while the SP models add an integrated analogue modem with automatic failover and fail back technology. Available in multiple node licensing configurations, the TZ 170 Series appliances allow users to add features and functionality according to network needs and scale to accommodate growth within any organisation.
“Businesses of all sizes are in need of robust and affordable layered security platforms,” said Matthew Medeiros, chief executive officer at SonicWALL. “SonicWALL recognises that smaller organisations are as vulnerable to security threats as large enterprises. The TZ 170 products we have announced today bring powerful security solutions within everyone’s reach.”
Key features of the TZ 170 Series include:
- Built on SonicWALL’s Deep Packet Inspection architecture, the TZ 170 delivers comprehensive intrusion detection and prevention against application layer threats
- Enforced IPSec encryption and intrusion prevention on the wireless LAN for multi-layer security
- Suite of advanced security services for multi-layer security, including SonicWALL’s Anti-virus and Content Filtering Service
- WAN/WAN failover and round robin, percent based and spill-over load balancing
Wireless (Wireless models):
- Integrated 802.11b/g wireless LAN for secure, high-speed wireless WLAN connectivity
- Wireless intrusion detection services to protect wireless networks from security threats such as rogue access points, disassociation attacks and association flood attacks
- Wireless firewalling for granular control of even client to client wireless communications
- Designated 802.3af power-over-Ethernet port allows placement of the TZ 170 Wireless models anywhere for the best possible wireless coverage
- Wireless guest services allowing network administrators to provide Internet-only guest access
Failover (SP models):
- Integrated V.92 modem for automated failover and fail back technologies, providing continuous uptime for IPSec VPN tunnels with the optimum connection speed
- Broadband to broadband to analogue modem for WAN dual redundancy
- System-on-a-chip technology delivers 90Mbps of stateful packet inspection firewall and 30+ Mbps 3DES and AES throughout
- Five port auto-MDIX LAN switch for connecting multiple computers, eliminating the need for an external dedicated switch
- Optional port can be configured as a second LAN, second WAN, DMZ or WLAN for maximum network configuration flexibility (requires SonicOS Enhanced)
- Distributed WLAN support for seamless integration and management of up to two SonicPoint satellite access points (requires SonicOS Enhanced)
- Advanced NAT nodes for flexible site-to-site connectivity and management
- Award-winning Global Management System for comprehensive management and reporting
- Feature-rich SonicOS operating system allows rapid deployment in basic networks with a user-friendly Web interface and powerful wizards. SonicOS Enhanced is an optional software upgrade providing advanced features for more complex network installations
Pricing and availability
The TZ 170 Wireless, starting at £580 and TZ 170 SP, which costs £450 are available immediately. The TZ 170 SP Wireless and SonicOS Enhanced will be available in August, 2004.
About SonicWALL, Inc.
SonicWALL, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated network security, mobility, and productivity solutions for the SMB, enterprise, e-commerce, education, healthcare, retail/point-of-sale, and government markets. Core technologies include firewall, VPN, wireless, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-virus, and content filtering, along with award-winning security management solutions. Together, these products and technologies provide the most comprehensive distributed enforcement architecture available. SonicWALL, Inc. is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. SonicWALL trades on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol SNWL. For more information, contact SonicWALL at +44 (0)1344 668090 or visit the company Web site at http://www.sonicwall.com.
For Additional Information Contact:
SonicWALL UK, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 (0)1344 668090
Write Angle Communications
Tel: +44 (0)1276 34905
Mobile: +44 (0)7775 655363
NOTE: SonicWALL is a registered trademark of SonicWALL, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Write Angle Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.