Adjustable dynamic range and film simulation modes raise the standard for
28 July 2004
With excitement building towards the retail availability of the FinePix S3 Pro digital SLR, Fujifilm today announced that the camera of choice for many enthusiast and professional photographers will be available in late October 2004, with a number of previously unannounced features, including adjustable dynamic range and film simulation modes.
The FinePix S3 Pro is the culmination of Fujifilm’s professional photography heritage and imaging know-how. The FinePix S3 Pro sets itself apart from its competitors by using Fujifilm’s proprietary Super CCD SR II sensor – a new and advanced image processor – and a number of professional controls developed exclusively for this camera. The combination of Nikon lens mount and Fujifilm image capture is one that has been highly regarded by photographers for years.
With knowledge gained from years of dedication to the professional photography community, Fujifilm understands that a quality image is about more than just resolution, and therefore created the FinePix S3 Pro to bring the digital picture closer to film standards than ever before. Photographers shooting with the FinePix S3 Pro will experience greater dynamic range, improved tonal capabilities, exceptional colour balance, and better signal-to-noise ratios: all factors that contribute to a colourful, clear and detail-rich picture.
Highlights of the FinePix S3 Pro include:
· Improved dynamic range: whether film or digital, a wider dynamic range is critical to image quality. The unique double photodiode structure (6.17 million S-pixels and 6.17 million R-pixels) of the Super CCD SR II sensor will produce dynamic range approximately 400% greater than that of a CCD working on a single-pixel design, capturing the finest detail in even the highest contrast scenes.
· Adjustable Dynamic Range: breaking free of confinement, professional photographers now have the option of adjusting the camera’s dynamic range, changing the mixing ratio between the FinePix S3 Pro’s ‘S-’ and ‘R-pixels’.
· Film simulation modes: a feature unique to the FinePix S3 Pro and developed thanks to Fujifilm’s history and expertise in film. Photographers who prefer the look and ‘feel’ of traditional film can replicate the results of various reversal and negative films, while shooting digitally with the FinePix S3 Pro.
· Colour spaces: the FinePix S3 Pro will offer a choice of sRGB and Adobe RGB to generate the colour best suited to the photographic task in hand.
· Selectable RAW capture modes: sometimes, a smaller file is needed for quick viewing. With the FinePix S3 Pro, the user will be able to ‘deactivate’ the extra, expanded dynamic range data without losing image resolution.
· Lightning-fast start-up: the FinePix S3 Pro is ready in the blink of an eye, going from ‘off’ to ‘ready-to-shoot’ in half a second – with any compatible media type.
· D-TTL Flash Exposure Metering System: photographers can take advantage of a host of creative options, and achieve outstanding results with all Nikon-compatible Speedlights.
· Dual shutter release buttons: photographers will appreciate the addition of a second shutter release button, positioned on the camera body for easier vertical shooting.
· High-speed dual image interfaces: the FinePix S3 Pro provides IEEE 1394 (FireWire) and USB 2.0 interfaces for camera control (IEEE 1394 only) and ultra-fast image transfer.
· 10-pin Nikon electric remote socket: expanding the remote shooting capabilities of the FinePix S3 Pro.
· The FinePix S3 Pro will come bundled with Fujifilm’s HS-V2 Hyper Utility software, a workflow enhancement tool that acts like a digital lightbox – enabling photographers to adjust and select their best photos.
Availability & pricing
The FinePix S3 Pro will be available in the UK from leading photographic retailers in the fourth quarter of 2004. Pricing will be announced nearer to the date of retail launch.*
Notes to Editors
* For up-to-date pricing on any Fujifilm digital products, please contact Midnight Communications.
For further information, pricing and products for review, please contact:
Simon Mustoe/Tara O’Brien
0870 458 4182
Fuji Photo Film (UK) Ltd
020 7465 5852 / 07775 897360
Information about Fujifilm products, and high-resolution images, are also available at www.fujifilm.co.uk/presscentre
Contact details for customers
For information about Fujifilm and its products, please visit: www.fujifilm.co.uk or call
020 7586 1477.
Other Fujifilm products
For press information on Fujifilm consumer film cameras and film, please contact:
Melissa Fernandez / Rana Rahman
Tel: 020 7428 0999
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
For press information on Fujifilm Equipment & Systems (minilabs and kiosk systems), please contact:
The Bright Consultancy
Tel: 01564 795535
Fujifilm is committed to developing the very best imaging and information products, both conventional and digital. The company employs more than 72,000 people worldwide, with 173 subsidiaries stretching across four continents. Outside of Japan, Fujifilm has key manufacturing facilities in Europe and the USA for core products such as colour film, colour paper, single use cameras and PS plates, and two further factories in Brazil and China. It has a global turnover in excess of £13 billion.
Fuji Photo Film (UK) Ltd has been supplying the imaging, printing and graphics industries, as well as professional and enthusiast photographers, with high quality, innovative products and services for over 25 years in the UK. It currently employs more than 450 people and has become one of the country's most popular photographic brands.
© 2004, Fuji Photo Film (UK) Ltd. Specifications are subject to change.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Midnight Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.