NEWS RELEASE 30th July 2004
Avoid ‘Roaming Rage’ with 0044
Ever used your mobile phone abroad only to find that the cost of your calls was more than your flight ticket? Now by visiting a new web site, www.0044.co.uk, you can take your mobile phone abroad and avoid all mobile roaming charges. 0044 Ltd provide an innovative solution that means that you can receive calls for free and make calls at local rates.
Mobile users are confused and often unaware of premium call charges of as much as £2.00pmin to make and receive calls whilst abroad, resulting in millions of UK travellers suffering from ‘roaming rage’ after receiving their mobile phone bills.
Consequently, many people are now looking for an alternative solution. By purchasing foreign pay-as-you-go SIM cards (the small removable chip inside your handset) on the website at www.0044.co.uk, you can reduce call charges by up to 70%, unlock your handset and be issued with a new mobile number before you travel.
Carl Austin, founder of 0044 Ltd commented, “I needed to take my mobile abroad even though it was costing me a fortune, but my UK network could not present me with a cheap solution so I found one for myself. It kept me in control of my call costs, saved me a considerable amount of money and has now become a thriving business. Like many of the best ideas in life, our service is simple. Our established network of suppliers means that we can now provide an alternative solution to roaming, saving people money and enabling them to stay safe and in touch while abroad”.
For further information please contact:
Carl Austin Angus MacLeod
01270 619019 01926 451030
07734 473100 07799 068733
Notes to editors:
• 0044 Ltd’s mission is to provide the alternative solution to roaming; saving travellers money and enabling them to stay safe and in touch while abroad.
• UK residents that roam on their current network are charged to receive calls at approx £1.20 per min.
• Just 52% of pre-pay customers are aware that they pay for incoming calls when abroad. (OFTEL April 2002: Mobile International Roaming Report)
• Only 16% of mobile roamers are happy with the price of making a call whilst abroad. (OFTEL April 2002: Mobile International Roaming Report)
• UK networks place a lock on mobile phones to ensure that they recoup their initial handset investment and deter customers from switching networks.
• 1,100,000,000 minutes of mobile airtime is used each year. A standard handset works in over 200 countries.
• 37% of users who take phone abroad said they were less likely to use it in the future due to the increased international roaming rates (OFTEL April 2002: Mobile International Roaming Report)
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of 0044 Ltd in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Travel, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.