PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
6TH SEPTEMBER 2004
Data Mine to Improve Your Bottom Line!
Datawatch’s Monarch data mining software and Robert Horne Plc prove that you can perfect your business process management without investing in expensive new technology, by combining and mining totally separate databases to produce seamless reports.
It has never been more important for organisations to have control over their workflow. Being able to manage corporate data and business processes to meet the changed compliance objectives resulting from Enron and, where appropriate, Sarbanes-Oxley and even Basel 2 effectively impacts on all organisations, both public and private.
Robert Horne Plc needed access to up to date financial information contained within 2 mainframe systems, each generating hardcopy reports. They have successfully used Monarch software to achieve this.
Monarch, the industry benchmark data mining tool, is the simple and effective way of banishing those computer printout reports from the workplace. No more wading through reams of computer generated reports to find out the information you are looking for, with an easy-to-use data access and analysis software tool like Monarch, you will be able to data mine corporate information in hours rather than days.
Robert Horne uses the latest Version 7.0 of Monarch Pro. Features include:
• Improved Performance - works with report files even larger than 2 GB
• New Data Capture Capabilities – easily capture data in multi-column reports, such as name and address lists, customer statements, etc., in one session. The Interactive Report View and Verify feature lets users view the results of their data capture model interactively, as they build it. Case-sensitive traps are a great aid in capturing data buried within complex reports.
• New Data Analysis Capabilities - calculated field functions (including new Julian date functions) to manipulate text, dates and numeric values quickly and easily. Duplicate Value Filtering provides auditors and accountants with the ability to easily mine duplicate payment amounts, as well as identify data for which no duplicates exist. Improved Calculated Field Expression Editor.
• Improved Summary View Features - users can create their own summary-level measures, using a wide variety of new Summary Aggregations, plus arithmetic operators, parentheses and numeric values, enabling "What-If" analysis, and to produce whatever summarised data they require.
• New Data Exporting Capabilities - Export Wizard that allows users to export all filters and/or all summaries to Excel, Access, etc., at one time. Users can now choose to export their data as separate files in one folder, or as multiple tables within one file.
• New Model and Project Information Viewing - Users can see all information contained in the model and/or project in one easy view. Models and projects can also be saved in XML format, so that they become self-documenting.
• Improved Data Import Capabilities - import and lookup data in virtually any data source, without programming. Users can now define lookups ("left outer join") up to nine different data sources in one session. Link to a new data source to any other previously defined data source.
• Improved Data Filtering Capabilities – makes it easier and faster to import the data users need by providing the ability to specify a data filter on external data sources including ODBC, Access, Excel files, etc., in place of importing the entire contents of a specified data source
• New Project Export Capabilities - allows users to build a list of Export Jobs that can be saved as one or more "Project Exports." One or all Export Jobs can be run with just one click, or run at the Command Line level.
Data mining is necessary for an organisation’s survival. If it is not used to predict a trend before the Auditors identify it, where is the control? Management without information is not management.
“Improved information on debtors at Robert Horne has enabled more efficient cash management”, says Duncan Borland, Computer Services Manager, “Which is a definite benefit and we are printing less of the huge traditional reports that normally end up in the bin.” Robert Graham, Datawatch Product Manager, comments “We are one of the select few software companies ready to fit its technology into an existing IT environment - not the other way around. IT managers welcome Monarch because it leverages the corporate investment in legacy systems and avoids the need to invest in yet more expensive technology.”
About Datawatch Corporation
Datawatch Corporation is a leading provider of business intelligence and IT support solutions that help organisations increase productivity, reduce costs and gain competitive advantage. Datawatch products are used in more than 20,000 companies, institutions and government agencies worldwide, by around 500,000 users.
Datawatch works with VARs, integrators, consultants and independent software vendors who sell and support Datawatch products. In addition, Datawatch works with OEM customers who embed Datawatch components and technologies in their own solutions.
Further information can be found at www.datawatch-europe.com.
About Robert Horne Plc
The Robert Horne Group is owned by PaperlinX, the World's leading multi-Continent Fine Paper Merchant. The head office of PaperlinX is in Melbourne, Australia and it owns merchanting operations in Europe, North America, Asia and Australasia.
The purpose of The Robert Horne Group is to create long-term value for the benefit of our shareholders, customers, suppliers and each other.
We believe that by passionately caring about our customers' business, and sharing our know-how, we will consistently be their first choice supplier. Our brand values are real and they reflect the way we want to be.
Alison Hall, Public Relations
Tel: 07899 986932
Datawatch Europe Ltd
U.K. Product Manager
Tel: 01962 835014
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Alison Hall PR in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.