APC's New Tower Smart-UPS Unit Offers Increased Power Density,Serviceability and Enhanced Management Capabilities
London, England – 7th September, 2004 - American Power Conversion (Nasdaq: APCC) (APC) today announced an extension to its next generation of award winning Smart-UPS uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) with the new 750VA tower model. This new design offers six outlets and can provide up to 500 watts of real power, making it an ideal solution for high performance tower servers, networking equipment, and storage devices.
The new model incorporates an advanced feature set that provides enhanced power conditioning and management capabilities for the protection of critical business applications, data and equipment from utility power disturbances. The unit also offers USB and serial connectivity as well as a built-in SmartSlot for integration with all APC SmartSlot power management accessories.
"This new offering enables us to give users more power, more outlets and more management options, without an increase in price," said Michael Adams, UK and Ireland Country Manager, APC. "Our next generation of Smart-UPS products addresses the increasing power density of servers and IT equipment while offering configuration flexibility to users with increased outlets and enhanced manageability."
Highlighted features of the next generation of Smart-UPS units include:
• Higher power output - With over 11 percent more wattage than existing APC units, the new design has a class leading power density for the increasing power requirements of today's server and networking equipment;
• Extended range AVR - Maintains high quality computer grade power even if the utility voltage drops by 30 percent without using critical battery power;
• Improved battery management - A temperature compensated battery charging system with redundant overcharge protection offers longer battery life in adverse conditions;
• Self-contained, hot-swappable battery module - A single connection allows for easier battery replacement and servicing without powering down the connected load, saving time and service expense;
• Full PowerChute Business Edition functionality with serial or USB - Easy-to-install and use software performs automatic, unattended system shutdown as well as important diagnostic and remote management features such as UPS status and testing.
Additional accessories include APC's Network Management Card products that provide standards-based monitoring, configuration, control, and event handling for APC UPSs. These modules are integrated onto a single UPS SmartSlot card and have features like a built-in modem for dial in, out of band management and environmental management capabilities.
APC's new Smart-UPS 750VA is currently available worldwide and offers a comprehensive two-year warranty and a lifetime equipment protection policy. Estimated resale price of the 750VA model is £189.99/289.99 Euros
To learn more about all of APC's award-winning power protection and management solutions, visit the APC Web site at www.apc.com/gb or call APC Tel: +44 (0) 208 990 6400.
For images to accompany this release, please call SPA Communications on Tel: +44 (0) 1892511413
About American Power Conversion
Founded in 1981, American Power Conversion (Nasdaq: APCC) (APC) is a leading provider of global, end-to-end infrastructure availability solutions. APC's comprehensive products and services offering, which is designed for both home and corporate environments, improves the availability, manageability and performance of sensitive electronic, network, communication and industrial equipment of all sizes. APC, which is headquartered in West Kingston, Rhode Island, reported sales of $1.46 billion for the year ended December 31, 2003 and is a Fortune 1000, Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 Company.
For press information contact:
Tel: +44 (0)7968 535 517
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Spa Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.